K4.6 engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi
i have just bought myself a K4.6 engine and it doesn't come with a 3pcs clutch, fly-wheel and clutch bell. but it comes with the rest. Is there any recommend fly wheels, and I'm thinking of going for the the HPI 3 pin one and what is the price or the part number of this part?

if i get the 3 pin fly wheel is this a good clutch set "Hong Nor racing aluminum clutch" http://www.lstshop.co.uk/catalog/pr.../1084?osCsid=80cc086d264c69a9cf67bc07b7b59bcb

Dan

the hpi 3 pin flywheel is fine. to be completely honest you really dont need aluminum shoes with the k4.6 as its not that powerful to the point where you will eat a set or stock shoes up right away. if u wanna go aluminum i would suggest going with mugen clutch shoes w/1mm springs and mugen pilot nut. like i said be4 though its not really necesarry to get aluminum shoes tho since its not a high hp engine. i would get the stock hpi shoes if it was me but its up to you.

i know what clutch shoes I'm getting now and I'm looking for the fly wheel but dose a 4.1 fly wheel fit on a 4.6 engine or are they both the exact same?
(both engines are HPI savage ones)

they should both be the same

In my experience with the savage enginesm I like using the mguen clutch set up from an MBX5. Worked great. The aluminum shoes give you a lot of punch when accelerating. I used the 1.0mm springs. That was enough for her.

how many tanks you suppose to do while at idle with all 4 wheels of the ground? cause I've only done 2 tanks.

I like to do only 1 if I have to.

ill just leave it 2 tanks and continue on breaking my engine in doing circles :mad:

Back