Just ordered my first airplane!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPIguy is correct. Ailerons when you turn, but you'll also be slipping downhill, so some up elevator is required at the same time. You won't need the rudder at all.
Before you leave the ground, make absolutely sure that your controls are going in the right direction and you know which way to move them.
When banking, pulling up elevator means pulling the stick towards you.
That stick, with the ailerons and elevator is exactly like a joy stick in a big plane.

Good looking plane Pete! Well....was? :D

Thanks for the tips guys, hopefully I can glue it back together and try again

---------- Post added at 3:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:52 PM ----------

Good looking plane Pete! Well....was? :D

It looked great in the air for a little while

Finally getting the hang of it but the plane is so beat up I'm having one failure after another. I'm either going to buy a new one and keep this one for parts or buy new parts for this one.

This little guy is a TANK!! With chunks missing it's still flying LOL

stillgoing.gif

Looks like it takes a beating and keeps on ticking.

What a pilot! Shot out of the sky time after time and still gets into the hairball at every opportunity. There should be some kind of ceremony for you.

They are tough little birds that aren't too expensive to replace if necessary.

I finished it off today, ailerons got stuck and it came to earth in a spinning nose dive! All that was missing was a trail of smoke.

What a pilot!

NO FEAR!!!! Too bad I have no skills LOL

Nice to see that its not only my plane that looks beat. As for turning up elevator when turning will
Help a great deal. Also there should be adjustments on the tail " rudder control horn" moving the
Clevis in will make your rudder more sensitive. CAREFULL!!!!

My buddy loaned me a ultra micro Cub to try, so easy it almost flies itself! I should have started with the beginner plane, very nice to build confidence!

Now that I have a little success with the Cub that was loaned to me I just placed another order! I picked up a UM cub and another UM T-28...I will fly that little SOB!

The thing about the UM T-28 is the price. It doesn't break the bank even if you have to replace the whole bird. I was thinking about picking up a Cub and a Mosquito BNF as well. Maybe after the first of the year.

Yep for $100.00 they are worth it IMO and I was surprised at how easy the Cub is to fly and what it could do. I almost bought the UM spitfire mk but I'm not sure about the AS3X system, most people seem to love it when they are not having problems with it.

Were ready for round 2!!

champandT28.gif

Are you a glutton for punishment or what?

I took the new cub out and it was great, my confidence was high so I pulled out the T-28! It was a shaky but I was able to keep it in the air and I'm starting to get a feel for using the ailerons. I actually had three great take offs and two good landings LOL. The T-28 is a lot faster than the cub and feels really loose at low/landing speeds, I think I need a little more room for this one until I get better....or just remove the landing gear and land in the empty lot behind me.

Advise needed! Both planes seem to want to keep the nose up, I have to apply down elevator 99% of the time. I have the battery as for forward as I can and I bent the linkage a little which helped but I can't get them to cruise level...What to do?

A small washer mounted up near the nose might help.

Back