Just ordered my first airplane!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ideal balance point is 1/3 of the wing chord from the leading edge.
Using too much elevator to maintain level flight makes for lousy flying, especially at low speed.

So, if the wing is 3" from leading to trailing edge next to the fuselage, the plane should balance 1" back from the leading edge.
Weights in the nose as porky suggested.

Great info guys, I'll give it a try and let yall know how it work

I ended up adding a little weight to the nose of the cub and it was much better, might add a little more tomorrow and try again. I have three flights on the T-28 and this thing is sick!!! It loops and rolls so easy and with the landing gear removed it seems to glide a lot better making landing pretty easy now.

Thanks again for the tips guys!

Glad you are having fun with it, I was going to say to get the champ and fly that for a while, high wing planes make great trainers. I have not yet gone to low wing craft but have moved on now to the Flyzone super cub with ailerons, that puppy dips fast when turning unlike the champ but getting the hang of it.

I'm flying the T-28 now with no problems, I love the extra speed!

Super cub is a fun plane. I crashed flying inverted, hard but possible, only broke one wing strut.
Firebird stratos is an inexpensive dual prop tricycle plane. Very snappy!! Holds up well. Trust me.

Back