JUst a question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi, my names dominick and i know absolutely nothing about crawlers yet!!! If i wanted to get into crawling and scalers what would be a really good starting crawler... I know 2.2 is more popular than super-class but i dont care what i get!!! Also, because I'm a still kind of a newb, i dont fully know what a scaler is so plz, dont laugh i just want to know what it is... I just wanted to get some advice on stuff if i did want to get into crawling!! Thanx in advance

- Dominick -:\

A scaler is a truck that looks like a truck you would see driving on the road, or a trail rig. More emphasis is usually put on appearance with a scaler than performance. Axials SCX10, or there new SCX10TR is a great platform for getting in to scalers. The Tamiya F-350, or Hilux is another great way to go for a hard bodied rig, but the chassis is no where near as scale as the Axial rigs.

For crawling, forget supers, they have gone the way of the dinosaur, most crawlers are now 2.2 or 1.9 class. There are several options that can get you started in crawling. The Axial AX10, The Losi Comp crawler just to name a couple. Or if you want you can build something like a berg but that will cost ya a bit more.

It all depends on what you plan to do with it. so you need to decide that first, then we can help steer you in the right direction.

welll i plan to crawl like huge rocks in my backyard and maybe get some really good clearence with it so i can go up and down steps...

supers are king but tend to be alot more expensive and tend to hurt themselves cause of all the power and it starts geting hard to find any challenges for them they tend to go over everything i love my super might like it more when i can actually drive the thing[waiting on parts]

ahha..i like them because of the cool looks and the sweet wheels cause of how wide they are!!haha..but i have 2.2 near me so id probably get them...thanx