TRX4 Sport Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are there a lot of upgrade parts? I think I’m going to get one got about $300 ish to $350 tops or should I get something different I dont know I really want a 1/10 crawler and if I get the TRX4 Sport I’ll get the kit

Are there a lot of upgrade parts? I think I’m going to get one got about $300 ish to $350 tops or should I get something different I dont know I really want a 1/10 crawler and if I get the TRX4 Sport I’ll get the kit

There are tons of parts for them, but they are pretty fun out of the box. A lot of people cut one of the small lugs of the center of the stock tires and say they perform really well.

I was just going to post this video and a few others in another thread but I will share it here first.

I am running stock shocks, stock portals on Yeah Racing aluminum, housings with Treal C blocks in the front, all stock internals in the axles and transmission. Chyrax tires and foams on 3D printed bead locks, all bumpers and body accessories are 3d printed.

Was running a HW 1080 ESC with the stock motor and it did pretty well but my wife got me the HW Fusion Pro 2300 and it is amazing. In the new videos this is my first time out with it. In the older videos I'm still on the 1080 and stock motor. All 3s too. Also running stock servo still after 2+ years, always on 7.4v because I went to the 1080 right after I bought the truck.

For the price of the TRX4 kit, it is pretty hard to beat. I recently build one and put the selectable locking axle upgrade into it and I am very happy. It can hit the rocks with locked axles or I can unlock the axles and let that castle slate 2280kv motor rip. It is an excellent truck if you want a trail truck or an all-a-rounder. They are tough and the shocks are really good. I also put a lower cg battery tray and the aftermarket servo mount on.

So many options out there. If you have any more questions... I have built the Axial SCX10ii, scx10iii, capra, enduro gatekeeper, rc4wd trailfinder ii, ssd trail king, and currently building a Vanquish VS4-10 Phoenix kit.

Back