Jato 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickgoodman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just purchased a Jato 3.3, it hasn't even arrived yet. However I was wondering about possible engine upgrades. I mean the Jato is supposed to be wicked fast right out of the box, but sooner or later I know I will want more out of it. Are there any larger/faster engines that will fit with little or no modifications? Or maybe just a simple way to get more speed and performance out of the truck?

Ok really. You haven't even driven the truck yet, and yet you want to make it faster. To be horribly honest, the faster it is, the more likely you are to snap it in half. It's rated to go over 65 mph already.

I say this because I have the Losi Speed NT, pretty much the same thing. Here's what you can do with a Jato or a Speed NT: [ame]http://youtu.be/hLzoDiyuyrU[/ame]

Straight-line speed runs. Gets boring after a while.

I put gladiator 2 tires on my Jato and run it in and my yard and jump it. That doesn't get boring. Video above sounds like the car is running lean and I don't even hear second gear

I put gladiator 2 tires on my Jato and run it in and my yard and jump it. That doesn't get boring. Video above sounds like the car is running lean and I don't even hear second gear

Yes, it was lean. And yes, it was hitting second gear.

This pipe will really let the 3.3 scream, it smokes the performance of the stock traxxas pipes with ease. As for an engine, the OS .18 TZ is a great upgrade, it will bolt right up as well, you just need a bump box to start it.

DSC02668.jpg

Will that pipe be better than the resonator pipe on The Trx 3.3 as am always lookin to try new things .

Will that pipe be better than the resonator pipe on The Trx 3.3 as am always lookin to try new things .

Yes it will, here is a video with a stock 3.3 with 4 gallons of racing on it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=futROi2OgDY"]YouTube - ‪Extreme RC Mods Small Block Pipe Testing Stock 3.3 Revo‬‏[/ame]

I don't actually want to upgrade right now. I was just wondering about possible future upgrades. It is just kinda nice to know that you have alittle something extra just in case. To be completely honest, I probably wont go with a different motor; maybe just a different pipe. Gearing is another thing but I don't even wanna mess around with that without knowing what I am doing.

That's fine, just hit me up if you decide to go this rout, no rush at all.

nice and clean jatoe there extreme rc mods!!! mine should be that clean soon..

And when you finally get your jato and drive it after you break it in ofcourse and you have it tuned right you will not be disapointed trust me when I say at 65mpn u touch the steering and you have a mess cause she will respond so quick you wont be able to counter it in time if you are running on the street with sidewalks!!!

You will be impressed!!!!

Speaking of tuning that is actually another thing I have been wondering. My dad used to have nitro cars and trucks when I was younger and he kept having to adjust his almost everytime he ran them. I do live in Louisiana and the weather here changes basically everyday. I was told by a local hobby store (sorry excuse for one) that the newer engines hold tuning better than the old ones. Is this true or am I constantly going to be retuning everytime I try to run my truck?

Some are more forgiving than others, but once you get a base tune, all adjustments should be minor changes.

if I run it everyday it seems to stay pretty close minor adjustments if any but I notice if I let it sit moe than 3-4 days I gotta mess with it alittle more.. I hate the weather change!!!!! It's gonna get too hot out soon!!!

Too hot out soon? It's supposed to be pushing 100 here by next week. I was told it was the changes in humidity that caused having to adjust them all of the time though. My truck should be here in few days though so I guess we will see.

thats what i mean about soon!!! I am not ready for it!!! we get really bad humidity here so I know its gonna be a battle to keap them tuned because the weather changes here so much just through out the day!!!! cold,hot,hotter,to hot and humid, still hot, and rain... not excactly in that order sometimes but prett close..:\:whhooo:

Both the temperature and the humidity affect the tune. And Mathew, I spent two months in Maine...the weather is crazy. Jacket and long pants in the morning, t-shirt and shorts in the afternoon, and back to jacket and pants in the evening, with fog so thick it IS raining under the trees.

yup thats about it what time of year were you up here???? Jeeze a couple years ago in january I was on the cost because I dig bloodworms in a tanktop and shorts with my hip boots.. and then the next day below zero.. You mine aswell not even listen to the weathe man becuase it always changes!!!

Several years ago my family took a trip over to Dallas, TX and when we left home, everyone was wearing tshirts and shorts. By the time we got about an hour outside of Dallas though, there was like 6 inches of snow on the ground. The weather does stay fairly constant here....hot and humid so maybe it won't be a hassle to keep tuned.

Did you test that pipe on a 3.4?

I am building a one piece truggy style pipe for the 3.4, the owner is getting it modified so there won't be any "stock" feedback. If it's anything like the gain on a TRX 3.3, it going to be one mean package.

nice and clean jatoe there extreme rc mods!!! mine should be that clean soon..

Thanks, I bought it used and it showed up like that, upgraded and in perfect shape, only the shift point needed adjustment. I was just about jumping around as the last few "packages" I have received were one step away from the trash can, I learned to ask for close up pics! I could have saved myself 25% of the shipping if they had kept all grime and mess lol.

Speaking of tuning that is actually another thing I have been wondering. My dad used to have nitro cars and trucks when I was younger and he kept having to adjust his almost everytime he ran them. I do live in Louisiana and the weather here changes basically everyday. I was told by a local hobby store (sorry excuse for one) that the newer engines hold tuning better than the old ones. Is this true or am I constantly going to be retuning everytime I try to run my truck?

Today's engines are much more refined then years back, the carbs tune much better then they used to. There may be a need to adjust the needle but it should mostly just be the HSN. Cooler air is more dense, so if your pumping more air, it makes sense that we would richen the mixture accordingly. When it gets hot out the air becomes thinner, you would need to lean it out a little so it's not running too rich and not making much power. Humidity is a constantly changing entity that we just have to tune around lol.