Jato 3.3 transmission get jammed up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeezyGamer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I’m new to this page but I had a problem with my jato 3.3 transmission so I strip my 5585 gear so I replaced it and decided to add a new primary clutch assembly 5590 and a new 5579 gear just cause they seemed worn out and the problem came when I put it all together once I put the two shells together and I spin the transmission it get jammed up after a spin and a half. It still spins completely but after a spin and a half there resistance and I have to spin it harder then it goes to normal. It that normal or is there a problem and I took it apart and clean it good there nothing that could be getting stuck in the gear

image.jpg

I've heard that the Traxxas transmission for the revo is notorious for failing sometimes especially with certain things like the reverse module and other parts of the car from hearing from a lot of people for some reason.

And Traxxas released this car to compete against the Savage because of its unique design of the HPI chassis as you know. And then the inboard shocks was the competition at Traxxas producer gets HPI.

I find it hypocritical that companies can make metal parts for the transmission itself but they refuse to make metal parts for the reverse gears. It's kind of crazy.

And I wish you luck on your journey to this because i'm due to Nitro myself but I don't know much about transmission but I do hear a lot in videos that people take out the reverse module just to reduce problems or something. That's not what I'm saying to do but I'm just saying based on what I'm hearing as far as just a little note of an idea. That you're not the only person with this problem so don't be alone. Have a nice day.