J.R. XR3 owners, come here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSfan8

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just bought a Losi used, and it came with a J.R. XR-3 radio system. this includes the 135 FM reicever. the antenna wire is really short, like 11.5"-12", and doesn't even make it out of the top of my antenna tube. my question is, are JR antennas just really short? or has mine been cut?

thanks

All my antennas are around 14'' or longer the longer they are the more range you have i believe. Yours could have been cut... look at the top of the antenna and see if it is.... like look and see if the rubber or w/e is a little messed up.:ball:

My brother and his friend both have new losi's and it doesn't make it out of the tube.

I have an 75mhz 135 rx and it is 14" long. Is your freq 75 or 27? For some reason I think I've heard somewhere that the 27 is shorter, but I may be way off course here. Email JR and they will let you know.

Originally posted by x_789
its 75 he told me

when did i say that? haha i was getting ready to post saying you were wrong and it was 27, but you're right,

It's 75

75.550 to be exact

The one on my losi is real short to doesn't make it out of the tube

i just copy/pasted the subject of this thread and sent it to JR/Horizon, heres the reply i got:

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting to hear back from our tech. Here is the
answer:

The antennae for that receiver should be at least 17" long. If it is shorter
than that, it will need replaced for proper range. We have replacement
antennae wire, part number:
JRPA170 Receiver Antenna 72/75MHz

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to contact me if there
is anything else I can do for you. You can reach me toll free at
800-338-4639.

Thanks for your interest in Horizon Hobby!

Katrina McGrath
Retail Sales Account Representative

17"!?
I know for sure that mine are not damaged and are 14" outside of the casing. Maybe there is 3" of antennae inside the case, but I doubt it.