It's that time of year again...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolex, is your savage like the old mustang some of our dads had sitting in their back yards and meant to restore it, but never get around to it? ;) So instead you push it around making vroom sounds? lol

His savge is something like that, only it's never seen the other side of his interior walls . :hehe:[/QUOTE]

My mustang is mostly sideways, leaving the driveway with smoke coming off the tires.:D LOL!! Hope to keep it that way so my son can enjoy it when he gets old enough!:D

i am in the middle of dusting off my kyosho fazer to take it out, I'm a newby so stupid question coming up...here in england tomorrow will be around 8 degrees, would my car run any different to in the summer? not that it gets much warmer here!

Dont run it at all. I'm not sure if your talking Fahrenheit or Celsius, But I assume Celsius, which would still be too cold. It can REALLY mess up the innards of your engine. If you dont plan on buying a new one come spring, then I wouldnt run it. Winterize that puppy and take a break for the winter, buy an electric rig, or do what Rolex does with his savage :D

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

let me clarify that, not a whole new vehicle, just an engine. below 50 degrees Fahrenheit you engine really struggles to stay hot. You can wrap a towel around the heat sink, but that can still be dangerous and overheat it, its very difficult to balance the wrap over your heat sink to get a good operating temp. Which will have an effect of running too rich and not heating up, as well as running too lean and scratching the piston sleeve up and losing compression. If you really want to run nitro in the cold, use an old engine on its last legs, a cheap engine, or your pervious seasons bashing engine that you will need to replace in the spring time. Save that Nova Rossi Italian brute or that nice O'Donnel engine for the height of bashing and/or racing season. You can also expect more broken chassis parts especially plastic ones, because plastic is much less tensile at lower temps, as well as metal. I recommend learning to become an rc pilot in the winter! I love flying in the winter.

Back