Is breaking in the trx 3.3 on different day ok?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evofreak

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was so excited to break in the new trx 3.3 on my revo since this is my first time to break in an engine. When I was on my 2nd tank, mother nature didn't allow me to go on finish the process. Now sitting inside my place staring at the engine while it's raining outside. Is that ok? I'm thinking of starting all over again when the weather is nice. What i mean is break in from first tank again?

Right after I finished my 2nd tank I put after run oil. I'm not sure if that's ok.

thanks guys

Just pick up where you left off. Make sure to move the piston out of the tight spot every time you shut the engine off. Just rotate the flywheel until it feels the loosest.

That's good you have the patience needed to do it right. You'll be glad you waited. You want to make sure it's getting warmed up enough when you do run it again, 200 degrees is ideal. After-run is always a good idea, especially on a new motor. Once it's broken in you can go a day or 2 without it. Try a small burst of wd-40 in the carb and glow plug hole instead of oil too, it'll be much easier to start next time around.