is all integy stuff garbage??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin4578

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bent my integy shocks like a horse shoe, tried a set of integy cvd's and they all broke, bent a integy shock tower, tried to straighten it out but that broke aswell(was able to weld it back together though). What gives:\:\(good thing I got a smokin deal on this stuff but for my efforts I should have just stayed with the stockers although the aluminum upper and lower control arms seem to be holding up for so far lol

I think you can answer that one lol. Just in case, yes lol

Integy sells the prettiest crap out there.
It's still pretty AFTER it breaks.
It's even pretty when you mount it on the car, which VOIDS the warranty.

They make a nice tool bag, it's small and the stitches tear. :hehe:

I would say about 80% of the aluminum parts they make are junk. Some parts for small scale vehicles seem to be better, due to the smaller size.

I just couldn't beleive how easy the cvd's broke, 2 broke in just one rollover. I was told they're 10x stronger than stock, yeah right maybe 10x stronger than a dried spagetti(sp?)noodle

Last edited:
I have tried hard to believe in them because they make everything LOOK so good but honestly its all junk.

you can have pretty stuff or you can have durable stuff. Its hard to find both nowadays

Is there any other place i can get some good alum. parts for a decent price?

I have two integy parts on my savage... I guess that's why I keep stripping spurs (even though they're the cross braces at the bottom of the chassis, that bolts to the inside edge of the skid-plates).

i have some pretty good bulks on my tmaxx. i think i actually got good integy stuff is that luck or what

Part of the problem with Integy parts is that they are made from cast aluminum, not machined from a quality billet stock. They have an under coating applied to smooth and fill the casting pits before the colored coat is put on.

JMO but, Integy sucks, keep it stock if you're gonna bash the SH** outta of the truck!!:D

IMO, you just have to use good judgement. I'm not an Integy hater but the parts that I do have and still use have been great. I think you just want to stay away from anything aluminum that carries a lot of leverage and may be extra prone to bending (suspension arms, shock towers, etc) However, this is less of an issue with the same type of parts in say 1/18 scale because the parts are so much smaller and they do not have as much leverage upon themselves as the 1/10 scale counterparts.

I lied, I have 8 Integy parts on my max:whhooo::\

8 Springs lol. :D

also with aluminum, once it is bent you cannot bend it back into shape, it will just break. dont know if you have ever played lacrosse but once the aluminum shaft is bent its over. if you want metal go with titanium or higher quality aluminum like those links on the first page. or go with RPM way strong but not as flashy but i gets the job done

I have their rear turnbuckle eliminators on my Savage and they are fine. That is all I would buy from them though.