Iowa Summer Dirt Racing 2023.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
The 2023 season is here and the weather is starting to break. Last week was rained out or rather blown away with ridiculous winds. For me it was awesome. The Saturday before the race I went to the track to patch up the old track . Not much I could do but the wind was kicking about 15 mph. I ran about six battery packs through three cars just playing in the wind and practicing the track.
The next day the wind was like 25 mph with gusts and I was happy driving around. The few that showed up said no way.
The next day I pulled up all the drain tile that lines the track and a bulldozer rebuilt the track.
Then on Thursday I dragged all of the tile back and laid it out.
On Saturday with some help we got to all nailed down.
My arms from driving the hammer all day are done.
But Sunday was a go. The track was sorta wet and dried out over the corse of the day. But the last two heats had to be shortened from 8 min to 5 min with the wind picking up. Then the lightning off in the distance had us running for the truck after the last race.
I finished second place in 2WD buggy and 4wD short corse, so a good start for the season.

IMG_3380.jpeg

IMG_3382.jpeg

IMG_3392.jpeg

IMG_7422.jpeg

IMG_7421.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg

Great looking location. can't read the red letters on building but is that a hobby shop.if so super beats a chinease resterant next store that sells a 3$ quart of chop suey.looks fast with smaller jumps

That last Photo was taken at the grocery store after the storm blasted through. We were south of the extreme stuff.

Back