Injora’s Capra lookalike

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The c hubs from the KYX axle will not fit the ssd axle, the splines don’t quit line up. The link mount don’t fit either, the mounting holes are a little bit larger than the ssd stuff not seating all the way on to the axle tubes.

Wouldn't it be nice if everything was a universal fit? I hate when it's so close but not close enough.

Yes considering the ssd hubs are on back order most places. They are on eBay though.
Right now I’m short on bearings to get this thing rolling. Oh well, at least my sendero HD should be here today!

Last edited:
With modern sensored brushless setups, there's really no reason to go brushed anymore. My Pro4 in my Wraith will happily crawl right alonsside my Homles brushed setup in my comp rig with no issues. Nice looking build.

I just swapped to a HW Fusion Pro and it's really good, better than my Holmes/HW 1080 combo (which is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested). However, the Fusion Pro is 2.3x the cost.

The Holmes/HW combo is about $75 new shipped to me. The HW Fusion Pro is $150 + Programming card +tax + shipping. It gets up to $180 pretty quickly. Replacement is expensive too. If something goes wrong with the Fusion, I'm screwed and considering I can replace the a good brushed motor for $20, it's a hard pill to swallow.

The Fusion Pro setup has more control, less parts and easier on the batteries but you pay for the performance.

I just swapped to a HW Fusion Pro and it's really good, better than my Holmes/HW 1080 combo (which is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested). However, the Fusion Pro is 2.3x the cost.

The Holmes/HW combo is about $75 new shipped to me. The HW Fusion Pro is $150 + Programming card +tax + shipping. It gets up to $180 pretty quickly. Replacement is expensive too. If something goes wrong with the Fusion, I'm screwed and considering I can replace the a good brushed motor for $20, it's a hard pill to swallow.

The Fusion Pro setup has more control, less parts and easier on the batteries but you pay for the performance.
While that's all true, if you're buying $20 Holmes motors, you're buying bottom-of-the-barrel in the Holmes lineup. So comparing that to a nice sensored brushless setup is apples to oranges. And there are cheaper brushless setups out there as well.

Why are you screwed if something goes wrong with the Fusion setup? Do they not offer replacement parts? I know I can order pretty much any part for my Pro4 to fix it if needed.

While that's all true, if you're buying $20 Holmes motors, you're buying bottom-of-the-barrel in the Holmes lineup. So comparing that to a nice sensored brushless setup is apples to oranges. And there are cheaper brushless setups out there as well.

Why are you screwed if something goes wrong with the Fusion setup? Do they not offer replacement parts? I know I can order pretty much any part for my Pro4 to fix it if needed.

I could spend $150 on a HH brushed motor but it didn't make sense. The Trailmaster combined with the HW 1080 works very well. It's a known combination and affordable too. It's not a competition rig.

The other option was an out runner, but the noise is insane. There is/was an HH esc that eliminated the noise, but I haven't seen much on it lately, which makes me think it's wasn't as great as everyone thought. So I took the path of least resistance.

The Fusion Pro is new and didn't want to jinx anything, so I haven't looking into replacement or repair for the Fusion. But that's a good thought, I will have to look into it.

IMG_4873.jpeg
IMG_4875.jpeg
IMG_4872.jpeg
IMG_4874.jpeg

I got these tmaxx shocks and decided to pull them apart and make sure the seals were greased because out of the box they felt dry. Sure enough they were dry. The instructions say to just add oil, pump n go. I was always under the impression a little grease on the seals goes a long way.
Taking them apart was the easy step, the internal circlip was not too bad to get out but getting back in…….🤬 I went out and bought some internal ring pliers that didn’t quite have the right size stuff. They didn’t close tight enough either. So I modified them for my needs. The first 2 were a pain but I got the clip back in. I inserted the clip after pushing the shaft through the seals, because if you do the clip first then the shaft tears up the x-rings. A 30 minute shock build took like 4hrs of 🤬 around with that damn clip. On the next 2 shocks I just rubbed some grease on the shaft and worked it in n out hoping some may have gotten in there. :finger:
Does anybody know of or have the proper pair of snap ring pliers for this small of a clip!?

l
View attachment 171664View attachment 171665View attachment 171666View attachment 171667
I got these tmaxx shocks and decided to pull them apart and make sure the seals were greased because out of the box they felt dry. Sure enough they were dry. The instructions say to just add oil, pump n go. I was always under the impression a little grease on the seals goes a long way.
Taking them apart was the easy step, the internal circlip was not too bad to get out but getting back in…….🤬 I went out and bought some internal ring pliers that didn’t quite have the right size stuff. They didn’t close tight enough either. So I modified them for my needs. The first 2 were a pain but I got the clip back in. I inserted the clip after pushing the shaft through the seals, because if you do the clip first then the shaft tears up the x-rings. A 30 minute shock build took like 4hrs of 🤬 around with that damn clip. On the next 2 shocks I just rubbed some grease on the shaft and worked it in n out hoping some may have gotten in there. :finger:
Does anybody know of or have the proper pair of snap ring pliers for this small of a clip!?
lol @DavidB1126 was talking about this too wand was having a hard time with the big bore traxxas shocks. he ended up bending the clip.

I forgot how fast this thing was…. I ended up dropping in a Tekin pro4 2400kv with the rx4. I also forgot how noisy that transmission is, compared to the stealthX anyway.
I feel like I need slightly stiffer springs up front or something, the shocks are just bottomed out. Since there’s hardly any chassis weight in the rear, that particular setup seems perfect.