Info needed on the GENISIS?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:shrug: Any info on the "GENISIS"? How is it Compared too a "REVO"?
Which is Fastest an Most Reliable?
Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
the genisis is big and slow compared to the revo the revo is the better buy

Plus, it is hard to find aftermarket parts or even stock parts for the Genesis.

This is totally my personal opinion - The GENESIS if for EXPERIENCED hobbiests only. You might see it as the biggest and baddest but it is a lot of work to maintain and tune the beast. Parts are not a problem - we stock a full line of replacement parts. Digital Liquid is correct in their are not a lot of aftermarket parts for it. Harcore Racing and New Era are the main suppliers of Hop Up parts for it.
Reliability between these 2 trucks would go to the REVO - only because of the more complex nature of the GENESIS. If you are experienced then go for the GENESIS (dont be sticker shocked at parts prices) and if not go for the REVO.

It's great to know you have Genesis parts, RushRC! We just ordered a Hot Bodies LSP from you and would have bought some Genesis parts at the same time had we looked around and realized you sold them!

genesis is a bad choice for anyone that includes even anyone w/ the experience of a Kinwald, breaks, slow, heavy, breaks some more, shocks suck, oh yeah and breaks again, I run w/ a guy w/ one and its cost him an unreal amount of money plus I pull his but all over the place I'm 7 yrs plus experience and this truck is no different than anything else the engine is easy to tune just that everything else is wrong! :2cents:

I've got a Genesis. I think its a great basher. Its large size has it running over things that would have any other truck cart-wheeling. For its size its quick. Since I don't use it for racing (got a pair of LSTs for that), its top speed isn't an issue for me.

It also has a pretty good turning radius as well.

The suspension was too stiff. A drop in the weight of the oil, all the way down to 5wt. had it handling much better and the suspension working the way it should.

I probably have it as my only MT. But as my "play" MT its perfect!

Back