Indianapolis IN hobby shops?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewyboy

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I live in N indiana and will be down in indy this week. I was curious if anyone had suggestions for good hobby shops down there and thier locations please. Also if any are good traxxas (t-maxx) shops that would be helpful too.

thanks much

Big Boy Hobbies on Pendleton Pike.. check it out in the phone book.. lot of truck stuff at fair prices.. peace

You can also check out Hobbytown USA, there is a couple that I know of. One of them is in Greenwood on US31. The better one is 86th street if I am not mistaking. Just check the phonebook. Greenwood store is Ok but they just opened it not to long ago and they aint got as much as the other, but they still have a good selection.

ok, i'm back. I went to big boy hobbies and he was closed the entire time i was there. the good thing though was that there were about 4 other guys who got there that live in indy at the same time i arrived. i asked them where to go to get a couple things i needed they told me hobby town usa off of 82'nd. I ended up there and got the stuff i needed. I'm kinda depressed about big boy hobbies it looked like a pretty well stocked place, the guys at hobbytown were kinda a$$ monkeys. there was a guy in there that was having problems with his pull start, it was slipping, he said that he just lubed it. the guy behind the counter was telling him he would have to send the entire car in etc.... to get it fixed. he got really unpleasant to me when i suggested that he just remove it and clean it with degreaser/cleaner. anyway i found the stuff and got it all fixed.

I feel your pain with the Hobby Town peeps.. I have almost never recieved any useful help from anyone in there.. I just dont understand how you can work around all that stuff without developing some useful knowledge.. Sorry you missed out on Big Boy Hobbies.. the guy that runs that place is a trip! his prices are generally 10% to 20% better than hobbytown.. no big deal till you start spending 4 or 500 bucks.. Peace

indyjohnny, were in indy is BIG BOY HOBBIES. if you can let me know i would appreciate it. i am in Cumberland, of East Washington

Pendleton Pike... probably just a mile or two from I-465.. Planet R/C (Indoor Track) is also right there at 465 and Pendleton Pike.. check them both out..

cool that is about ten minutes from me if i take post rd. appreciate the info brother.