Important parts to oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbb4us

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Are there any important parts to oil (I would guess there is) and if so what should I oil them with. Thanks

Like in general overall? Put in after run at the end of the day and keep your filter lubed and clean. That's about it.

I know to use ARO but dont you need to lube bearings and things of that nature?

If everything is running fine, all you need to do is put w/e after run oil in your motor ( and "cycle" by turning) and thats it.

Some bearings like one way might need special grease, but I can't really think of anything now.

basically just kinda flush your motor out and thats it

I think I rembember reading in a forum that it was good to lube wheel bearings but I am not positive

Diffs need grease or oil in them so check them every so often but not daily or anything. When I didn't have sealed bearings I would wd-40 them. As mentioned above air filter oil and ARO are the only oils I use.

Originally posted by HumboldtBlazer
Diffs need grease or oil in them so check them every so often but not daily or anything. When I didn't have sealed bearings I would wd-40 them. As mentioned above air filter oil and ARO are the only oils I use.

thats very important.. greasing ur diffs. i kinda went to long with the rear diff in my t-maxx... went to put new RRP diff kit in and the gears were completely dry.. no grease, except for inside by the spider gears.

later

Originally posted by El Pirata
Like in general overall? Put in after run at the end of the day and keep your filter lubed and clean. That's about it.

I've heard that after run is damaging to carbs. Any truth to that that you've witnessed? I always put my after-run in through the intake, but not enough time has elapsed to confirm or deny warnings.

I drop in in the carb, with no problems. The thinking behind that I think is it might eat the seal, but I have NEVER had an issue on ANY of my engines. I deliever ARO to my engine through my gas tank now. When the tank is almost but the egine is still running drop some ARO in the tank and it get's delivered to the engine.

I pull the glow plug and drop a few drops that way. You need to be exceptionally careful doing it this way because it's an easy way for dirt to enter.

Originally posted by HumboldtBlazer
I drop in in the carb, with no problems. The thinking behind that I think is it might eat the seal, but I have NEVER had an issue on ANY of my engines. I deliever ARO to my engine through my gas tank now. When the tank is almost but the egine is still running drop some ARO in the tank and it get's delivered to the engine.

Thanks. I'll stick with this method. I drink too much coffe to try and put the ARO in the plug hole.

How would one go about greasing the diffs and what kind of oil works best and how often should this be done.

In a thread intitled "Cleaning" olds97_lss and SkyMaxx say to oil all exposed bearings with 30 wt motor oil is this correct because no one has mentoned it yet. Thanks for the help

All my bearings are sealed so it would be useless to try and lube them. What I do normally is to clean the head with Nitro clean to completely "de-gunk" the Glo- plug area so no dirt falls in when you remove it and place ARO down into the mill. I Give it about ten pulls to cycle it and then a couple more. But I try to leave the piston at BDC Bottom dead center.Basically try to leave the piston at the bottom of the sleeve rather then leave it at the top.

Edit-- I heard that doing this helps the engine last longer and keep its compression..No idea if its true but hell it doesn't hurt to do it.

If I have ran for a good amount of time or just plain bashed the hell out of it and it is noticeably dirty I remove all my wheels and just shoot the hubs (maybe even a brush can be used with heavy dirt) with denatured alcohol. I lube the diffs normally around every month or twice a month if I play a lot.

I will also take the engine apart as having a vented clutch bell little pebble may get stuck and just chew that compllettly to dust. I do re oil the engine bearing and clear any gunk that may have found its way there.

The rest of my truck gets a Denatured alcohol shower!!

Oh yeah I use the Associated Diff Grease..Sorry

Last edited:
Back