If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go back and re-read that, I couldn't figure out why you would want to stock up on wooden pallets. 🤔 :rolleyes: 🤣
Glad I'm not the only blind bat on here!

Luckily she didn't have enough but damn a chocolate cake would be nice right now.
Then I won't share the blueberry pie and ice cream I'm getting ready to eat.

Slept mostly, I work the swing shift, and yesterday on midnights, only slept 3hrs, so I could work on the sons actual car. Today just dead, and ready for my last night of midnights for the next two weeks.
But still managed to mess with the Enduro24 some. Just can’t go a day without messing with something rc. 🤪
Worked on my daughters Fiat 500c Abarth.... I hate that car. :mad: Just problematic... replaced the ignition coil packs, spark plugs, oil change
Mini coops are the same, just a pain to work on.
Have a friend with one and can’t talk him into anything else. We are always working on it.

Last edited:
Cut up some wood to make shelves in the hallway closet. Did the initial sanding. Made sure the shelves fit. Just need to do the finish sanding, clean off the dust and then paint. Then gotta figure out the mounts and put them up.

Cut up some wood to make shelves in the hallway closet. Did the initial sanding. Made sure the shelves fit. Just need to do the finish sanding, clean off the dust and then paint. Then gotta figure out the mounts and put them up.
I'm starting to feel like my old man. One does all that work and then covers up the wood with paint. I suppose it's better than painting bricks.

Yeah Yeah I know.... For a hallway closet, it matches the other decor LOL. I did re finish a dresser about 4 years ago. Sanded it down and put some stain and poly on it. Looks pretty sweet.

I also have some shelves I put out in the kitchen, they look nice as well. But dont ask me about the floating shelves I put up in my sons room. They are cupped... but not my fault. Well maybe just bad selection from Home Depot and I did not look too closely at the time....

I installed a cheap set of single coil size humbuckers in my Squier Standard and I should have done it a long time ago, she sounds amazing.

IMG_1284 - Copy.JPG

I installed a cheap set of single coil size humbuckers in my Squier Standard and I should have done it a long time ago, she sounds amazing.

View attachment 181275
I have been wanting to do this also, just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Hearing that it sounds that much better, definitely buying for sure now. 👍🏼
This is my squier. It has been around for a while, with no use because of my other guitars, I like this body style and would like to bring it back to the playing table again.
image.jpg

I have this gorgeous day off today. However, this is just the calm before the storm. A noreaster, to be exact. It's forecasted to arrive in about 12 hours from now. Forecasted to be a big one. So, like many days off, I try to cross off things on my house to do list.
With the snow and cold coming back, I figured a deep clean to the pellet stove would be my first priority. Deep clean the actual stove, but also a complete tear down and cleaning of the flue. It's not a difficult task, but it dies require a number of tools and equipment. Also, on the list was repairing a broken auger snow clearing tool that broke after the last time the snow blower was used.
Being an essential personel, I have to head in to work tomorrow. With the expectation of over a foot of snow by tomorrow evening, I want my son to use the snowblower at least once until I get home, to keep up with the accumulation. 12" of snow is at the upper limits of my snowblower's capability. So, when he got home from school, we went over the start up procedures. I had him shoot a video with his phone of me doing the tutorial.
Ok, now that those things are completed, it's time to get down to some serious business of baking a banana bread!
20240212_140612.jpg

I have been wanting to do this also, just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Hearing that it sounds that much better, definitely buying for sure now. 👍🏼
This is my squier. It has been around for a while, with no use because of my other guitars, I like this body style and would like to bring it back to the playing table again.
View attachment 181431
Great looking guitar. I have three Squiers and love them all.
Have you checked the intonation because it looks like it might be a bit off?
When it's setup correctly the saddles should stair step kind of like these.
The low E and the G should be the lowest and then the A and B
then last, the D and high E should be the highest.
My apologies if you know this already.

IMG_1293.JPG

Last edited:
Organized the shed since when my uncle got the snow blower out, he messed it all up and made it messy. Now I can actually walk in to get stuff.
PXL_20240212_204324095.jpg

Oh, sometime like year or to ago, I said I would get a pic of the air compressor, well here it is. Figured out on how to turn it on. I just need to get the correct hoses and bits to fit to actually use it.
PXL_20240212_204349881.MP.jpg

And I got some old heavy metal car ramps. I used them once for the RCs. Maybe I should take them back out next weekend.
PXL_20240212_204343110.jpg

We got so much stuff that hasn't been used. Gotta get rid of it sometime. We got a whole bed frame sitting in here. Wonder when we are going to use it.

Uh.....you can? 🤔

😆
Yea. When you get the bikes out.

I found my old scooter from like 4+ years ago
I tried to ride it. I think I'm above the weight limit now. Lol
I was like, how to I ride this again?

Great looking guitar. I have three Squiers and love them all.
Have you checked the intonation because it looks like it might be a bit off?
When it's setup correctly the saddles should stair step kind of like these.
The low E and the G should be the lowest and then the A and B
then last, the D and high E should be the highest.
My apologies if you know this already.

View attachment 181492
Yeah I just haven’t got a chance to go over it. But any info will help also. My ex cut all the wires to my guitars. Oh well guess they need upgraded. But I always wanted to put the humbuckers in it and now is the time since it is pretty much ready for it.
I am good with the wiring part, but set up I haven’t really fully set one up. Someone must have been playing it and made them all straight. I knew that wasn’t wright because of my other guitars are stepped. Any info will be handy, and I don’t get upset over anyone giving information.
That is a sweet guitar, I love that color.
image.jpg

I did my samic, when I did the intonation it was set from factory, I didn’t have to mess with it, I just put it on. So wasn’t really positive on if it needs to be exact or just close. This guitar was in rough shape sat in a garage and all the gold was faded.

Yeah I just haven’t got a chance to go over it. But any info will help also. My ex cut all the wires to my guitars. Oh well guess they need upgraded. But I always wanted to put the humbuckers in it and now is the time since it is pretty much ready for it.
I am good with the wiring part, but set up I haven’t really fully set one up. Someone must have been playing it and made them all straight. I knew that wasn’t wright because of my other guitars are stepped. Any info will be handy, and I don’t get upset over anyone giving information.
That is a sweet guitar, I love that color.
image.jpg

I did my samic, when I did the intonation it was set from factory, I didn’t have to mess with it, I just put it on. So wasn’t really positive on if it needs to be exact or just close. This guitar was in rough shape sat in a garage and all the gold was faded.
IMG_2491.jpeg

Color before

Good to here, now I don't sound like a know it all but to be honest, I've setup my own guitars almost 45 years.
Another thing I've noticed about your red Strat is the pickups look a bit high to me. If they get too close to the strings
then you lose sustain. I always start with my pickups flush with the pickguard and then start moving up to find the best sound
and not lose sustain. If the pickups are too close to the strings, then the magnets will pull the vibration out of them so you lose sustain.

Back