i have a ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blah420

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
whats better a ribbed tuned ported pipe or a smoth tuned ported pipe

the shape has everything to do with backbressure and the bouce-back of the pressure waves to the exhaust port.

From what I've read a ribbed pipe is a good middle of the road pipe. Meaning it gives general all around good performance. The tuned pipes allow you to maximise where you want your powerband. A long sloping cone with a short tube will give you good low end. And sharp cone and a long tube will give you better high end.

I would only assume that by ribbing a tuned pipe is to give better all around performance where smooth ones will focus on one end or another.

HPI s Ribbed will have you pulling the front ones up, if you're running a 14 or 15 c bell. :boxing:

ok i have another question i havent drove my truck in a couple of days and now when i try and start it it seems like its flooded cus the roto start wont turn over what could this be

Originally posted by robriguez
A long sloping cone with a short tube will give you good low end. And sharp cone and a long tube will give you better high end.
Actually it's the opposite. Long taper is great high end and short taper is great low end. Also as far as the ribbed pipe goes, it looks cool. That's about it though. Don't take my work for it, talk to anyone who makes pipes for a living and ask them about a ribbed pipe and they'll agree it's junk.

Originally posted by El Pirata
Actually it's the opposite. Long taper is great high end and short taper is great low end. Also as far as the ribbed pipe goes, it looks cool. That's about it though. Don't take my work for it, talk to anyone who makes pipes for a living and ask them about a ribbed pipe and they'll agree it's junk.
Man not calling BS here or anything but the stock SS pipe performs execelent on my savage?

Originally posted by joneser4u
Man not calling BS here or anything but the stock SS pipe performs execelent on my savage?

well that’s right, but you only say this until the day you get or try a real god tuned pipe :)

[WHOOOOOOAAAAAA NEEELLLLLYYYYY!!!! I've had several pipes and the ribbed pipe is the one that stays on my truck , yep I've had the ritter the hot bodies and of course the stock that my savage 25 came with and the hpi ribbed is the daddy mack. Ol boy wasn't kidden when he said you'd be pullin the front ones with a ribbed and a 14 or 15 cb. Trust me I race in south KC and we have to have our trucks running like hell, and several of us run ribbed I'm not calling BS though!:breakdown I'm always in the top ten trucks out of 25 in the A Heat and I run a 18t cb with a 49t sg and a ribbed HPI. Put that in the ol pipe and smoke it!

Originally posted by screaminsavage
[WHOOOOOOAAAAAA NEEELLLLLYYYYY!!!! I've had several pipes and the ribbed pipe is the one that stays on my truck , yep I've had the ritter the hot bodies and of course the stock that my savage 25 came with and the hpi ribbed is the daddy mack. Ol boy wasn't kidden when he said you'd be pullin the front ones with a ribbed and a 14 or 15 cb. Trust me I race in south KC and we have to have our trucks running like hell, and several of us run ribbed I'm not calling BS though!:breakdown I'm always in the top ten trucks out of 25 in the A Heat and I run a 18t cb with a 49t sg and a ribbed HPI. Put that in the ol pipe and smoke it!

lol, sorry to say it but non of the 3 pipes you mention there is in the category of what I would call a GOOD tuned pipe. There isn’t that big performance difference between the 3

I've only heard of these pipes never really seen them , may we see yours because I'm really interested in what they look like, maybe I have seen and just dont know it . I see 30 trucks a week at the track but mostly Tsais,Ritter,HPI Ribbed,Hot Bodies,Bannana Pipe. No Piccos Yet?:nope: