I have a question for the geeks...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yea, that's a good one. My wife has one with similar stats and she's happy with it.

It's okay, but I would upgrade the memory to 8 GB.

I thought about upgrading to 6gb.....I think I know where alien's name is derived from lol.

With a 64-bit OS, more RAM is always better. The more RAM you have the more apps that can be run at a time without bogging down the system.

I'm going to get 6gb instead of 4 anyway, it's only like 40 bucks or something.
Thanks for the input fellas.

I'm also looking to learn a bit more about these things, can anyone direct me to some online knowledge of some sort.

Alien13 do have an alienware pc?

Not to butt in or anything, but just because you have a 64 bit OS doesn't mean you should throw as much RAM in as possible. x64 means you can have 4+GB of RAM, but if you're not going to be doing anything too advanced, I would rather save the money on the RAM and upgrade that i3 to an i5.

You'll see a much more noticeable difference in performance (vs. cost) by upgrading the processor instead of the memory.

/my2cents

Actually getting a SSD hard drive will yield a significant performance boost. My brother recently upgraded his laptop with one, boot up time went from over a minute to 25 seconds.

Actually getting a SSD hard drive will yield a significant performance boost. My brother recently upgraded his laptop with one, boot up time went from over a minute to 25 seconds.

I does, but at the cost of space and cash. :\

I does, but at the cost of space and cash. :\

exactly. I've thought about going to a SSD for a while now, they just are not at the size or price point yet in my opinion.

Yeah that drive is a little out of my "gift for the old lady" price range. I will be getting myself one at some point in time.

I would like to get the i5 processor but I haven't figured out how to get that laptop with the i5 for a significant savings in cash.

The only purpose I could see having an SSD for, is for loading the OS and games. Things that need to load fast. Maybe graphic/video editing too.

Yeah that drive is a little out of my "gift for the old lady" price range. I will be getting myself one at some point in time.

I would like to get the i5 processor but I haven't figured out how to get that laptop with the i5 for a significant savings in cash.

I can see if there's anything out there when I get home later tonight.