I have a noob RC drift truck, I want to get into RC drifting. Any pointers, or tips?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YOUR_DJ

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a noob RC drift truck, I want to get into RC drifting. Any pointers, or tips?

Not sure about drifting but I think Yokomo makes good on-road cars and drift cars. (They might be kits, not sure)

Tip: Have good throttle control

I would probably do 2wd but I had seen some 4wd/Awd drift cars.

don't underestimate a 2ch gyro and tires!

I found that having a 4ch radio with a 2ch gyro made my drifting experience phenomenal. Anywhere between 7%-15% max gain was needed depending on how much grip each surface condition offered... more grip = less gain and too high of gain would cause more harm than good in getting smooth consistent drifts.

I started out with cheap plastic tires but would experiment with hard rubber drift tires which made a world of difference to hit the sweet spot for amazing drifts.

I even experimented by making my own PVC drift tires using coupling from the hardware store, ha!

IDK if you have a 2WD kit or a 4WD kit but if you have a 2WD kit then steering angle is a big deal.