Hyper 7 SPUR GEAR HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pes307

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I've recently shredded my two gears that make my nitro car move. I think they're called the spur gears and the pinion. What are the best sort of cogs to buy for it? Thanks.

Hi, I've recently shredded my two gears that make my nitro car move. I think they're called the spur gears and the pinion. What are the best sort of cogs to buy for it? Thanks.
To be honest, just get the stock ones- with whatever the stock ratio was (13t/46t) :)
If you do want to change then the bigger the PINION gear (smaller gear) the less revolutions it has to make to turn the SPUR gear, thus a higher top speed and less torque. Whereas if you have a SMALLER PINION gear, and a larger SPUR gear, you will have a lower top speed but much more torque- for example, rock crawlers have a SMALLER PINION gear, and a larger SPUR gear, they don't go very fast, but they can go anywhere. If your still stuck here's a page on the forum that'll help:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gear-ratio-basics/

Back