Hyper 7 radio box + engine+ diffs.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax1609italy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Everyone , what do you think of the Hyper 7 receiver housing , I think it is a little rubbish , has any of you replaced it , do you know if the HYper 8 one will fit??

Also just got a Nosram .21 race engine , what does anybody think of it??

What wt oil do you run on your buggy for a descent race??

The Nosram .21 has plenty of power. It will run good with a 086 pipe on it. It's not the most fuel efficient engine though.

There's no need to replace the hyper 7 radio box. It's perfectly fine.

For diffs, I'm running 3k-7k-5k (rear-center-rear). It helps me get around my track better, but since the track is so rough, it at times makes it hard to control.
For a more controllable set-up, I reccomend 1k-5k-3k.
Generally, if it's smoother, you can run heavier and be fine, also if it's relatively packed. For rough loose tracks, you're going to want a lighter weight.
Especially if the nosram .21 is a powerful motor, then run with the lighter set-up. (I don't know anything at all about that engine, so what's why I said "if")

Last edited:
Many thanks ,

How about the diffs , do you have any advice on wha oil to run ?? and how do you change the diff oil?? how do you get the old one out ??

Thank you for being so helpful.

As far as brand, I have no preference. They're all the same really. But I do have more ofna oils simply do to the fact that they're more available to me.
To change the oil, you take the diff out, unscrew the 4 screws on it to pop it open, then pour the old oil out (if any) and put the new stuff in, then close it back up.
As for how to get the diffs out, you're best off looking in the manual or just figuring it out so you know what to do next time. I can't really describe it without re-writing the manual, lol.

Thanks

I have no prblems in taking it a part but the oil in the diffs is actually grease , so not so fluid to pour it out.

Back