Hurricane take 4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yes, looks like were in for the fourth hurricane of the season, and all in less than two months. Hurrican Jeanne has been twisting and turning in the atlantic for several weeks now. Well it now looks to have set it's sights on the east coast and yes, central florida again. :doh: Its forecast to be be either a two or three when it gets here.

image of hurricane Jeanne courtesy of NOAA
1243251jeanne1.jpg

this is a trick hurricane...it did a backflip LOL

i hope this one gets hit by some winds or something(saw it on the news O_O) but if so it looks like it would only skim florida...good luck if it hits you guys.

Good Lord is testing your strength and faith so be strong . I will keep you in my prayers. Be safe and stock up on the neccessities.

keep us posted NcNitro

Jon

I'm sorry to hear that, Its been hell for you guys the past 2 months, only 1 month to go right?

AARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! These things are driving me crazy!

They still havn't even begun fixing the damage to my home from the last two hurricanes. My total deductable to date on my homeowners insurance is 9,000 bucks. If they charge me a third detuctable for this one, I think I am going to sue.

This is just rediculous.

9000 deductable holy poop, how the hell are people supposed to afford that? Thats just way too much. Its not like everybody has $10,000 sitting around doing nothing. Thats just crazy!

vbgagnon - the detuctable for hurricane damage on homeowners insurance is 2% of the value of the home. There is no law about charging multiple deductables per year, so they charged me a seperate deductable for my damage during Hurricane and Francis.

NCNitro said:
Yes, looks like were in for the fourth hurricane of the season, and all in less than two months. Hurrican Jeanne has been twisting and turning in the atlantic for several weeks now. Well it now looks to have set it's sights on the east coast and yes, central florida again. :doh: Its forecast to be be either a two or three when it gets here.
You have already had more than enough hurricanes to last a lifetime. I certainly hope that this one misses Florida.

It's getting more organized, strengthening, and heading west at 12 mph (as of 8 pm eastern) It's not looking good for us yet again.

1244333jeanne3.jpg

Is this the one that almost died out, then regained strength and made a U-turn in the Gulf? I thought it was headed for Texas as of yesterday.

no that was Ivan, this is Jeanne. It has been sitting out in the atlantic doing loop-de-loops for a few weeks.

I dont even know what to say anymore! I am right here if you guys need anything, you both know my numbers, dont hesitate to call, just like you guys, I am tired, and I have had enough!

I found a new postcard for you Flordia guys....

Florida.jpg

Stay safe. Hopefully this will be the last hurricane for this season.

vbgagnon said:
I hope your talking about the pic!

My thoughts exactly!

Well as you can see in the newest image that Jeanne is continuing to intensify, and contuining on a western track. Everyone in Florida, including myself, are just plain sick and tired of this poop! Tempers are short, supplies are short, enough is enough already! A lot of areas are still flooded from the last storms, and can't handle any more water. With the ground as saturated as it is, many more trees will be uprooted, and as a result power lines will be coming down, peoples homes and cars will sustain further damage. I really can't take this poop anymore!

1245083jeanne4.jpg

At least this one is moving fast. The others were moving around 8 mph right? This one is going 12-15mph. If its going to go through, the faster the better!

Charlie went through at about 25 mph and still did tremendous damage. It is definately better though to have it move through quickly.

Back