HSP Truck rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn.
Thank you, the exhaust gasket looks to have a slight leak it will be replaced with all new gaskets soon.
I have been holding of with two part orders for all my rc cars and it's much needed now....i will be doing it soon the cost is around $1500:D

there is another option to replace the cva's for all the wheel axle shafts i will try this it's just a baja hub axle and extended drive shafts the fit looks to be just right i checked it.
8544001.jpg

301918464_o.jpg

who has tried this exhaust fin adapter too apparently "cool the back engine".
i got one and don't know if it's worth trying i do have a temp gun to check if it works.
xport10.jpg

I got plenty of parts today.
i replaced the truck with new gaskets and billet intake manifold.
I still haven't driven it:confused:

IMG_20231204_200708_317.jpg

I got it running but it needs a open area to tune as it started to cut out at the end.
Engine Temps was still low with 100 C at the intake and 120 C at the exhaust header.

Last edited:
I got it running but it needs a open area to tune as it started to cut out at the end.
Engine Temps was still low with 100 C at the intake and 120 C at the exhaust header.
Sounds like she's running great!

Sounds like she's running great!
the engine did cut out at the end but i started it again fiddled with the needles and seems better now, i got a new carb to test on the engines and having a new carb should make tuning a breeze

the engine did cut out at the end but i started it again fiddled with the needles and seems better now, i got a new carb to test on the engines and having a new carb should make tuning a breeze

Always make sure that the fuel tank is breathing on gasoline engines ,they have a breather ,not
like a nitro engine fuel tank that has to be pressurized!

If the tank does not breath ,that can cause the engine to cut out an die!
To check that is simple ,just loosen the fuel cap while engine is running ,an if the engine smooths
out while running then it isnt breathing!

Just a little tip & trick!..:thumbs-up:

Thanks!
It does have the breather in the fuel tank cap rubber it seems ok now i might take it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
i removed the steering servo link and checked full lock and it gets enough right lock steering but the left lock is less but it should be the same as full right.
i can see what's happening with full left lock the steering arm ball joint is hitting the diff case, the only way to get more left lock is make it so it doesn't hit it and go past it a bit more.
IMG_20231206_155930_942.jpg

IMG_20231206_160006_770.jpg

never mind i fixed it by adjusting the servo link and centering the steering posts as they were not straight .

Last edited:
i got no silicone shock oil at the moment and i need to order some for these shocks in the truck so just for now i used air compressor oil and it seems to be a good temporary solution as the shocks operate so smooth i may even leave it in there.

Once again i am confused i didn't know himotoracing had the same truck.

Himoto rebrands a lot of HSP stuff, they're just based in Italy, the way all the Redcat nitros were rebranded HSP's for the American market, and more recently the now defunct Exceed-RC brand...

I did find a rare 1/16 nitro in stock on Himoto's site that was long gone everywhere else, and it actually shipped, so they may have parts no one else does.

Himoto rebrands a lot of HSP stuff, they're just based in Italy, the way all the Redcat nitros were rebranded HSP's for the American market, and more recently the now defunct Exceed-RC brand...
The truck i have could of come from Himoto or HSP i see can't see any difference between the two brands i assume both brands get there trucks from the same factory.
I really should not of titled this thread "HSP" because it may not be:)

I didn't run it with the body on i was busy trying to tune it and it's bogging up in the revs and so i tried riching the high speed needle and it made no difference it still bogs i also richen the low speed and the bog is still there.
It could be the plug or carb or something else, i do have a new plug and carb to try on it.
I doubt it's the coil but i do have a new one to test if needed.
I don't no what else could be causing the bog.

I'll try this change then give it another tune,
carb
plug
baja air filter

i had the high needle at 1 5/8 and it might of been too rich i should of tried 1 3/8.

I put on a new walbro carb same spec as 998 and started is 2nd pull and idled sweet straight away maybe this time it won't bog down at the park.

IMG_20231208_164331_531.jpg