HPI Savage Flux HP on Lipo... I need better tires, any recommendations?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetfft

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've ran my Flux HP through a couple sets of lipos and holy moley that thing is insanely powerful.:whhooo: Powerful enough to literally shred the inside of the rims! I put a set of my beadlockers on there and it tore the tires to shreds. Admittedly the rubber was a bit old.

What's a good wheel/tire combo for this beast? I'm assuming I need something with a low profile tire and a very heavy duty rim but my LHS doesn't have squat.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dave

*I should note it had a defective ESC but HPI swapped it out without any troubles... I've had two great experiences with their support and service!:D

I'm running badlands 3.2 stretched on rulux half ups and it's the best combo I've had
My next combo is Going to be 40 series badlands with the traxxas bead on desperado wheels since proline discontinued the MAXX sized badlands

it doesn't really matter what tire wheel combo you use. it balloons hpi phaltlines factory mounted but I've never torn even the stock tires off the rims. you must be running through some heavy terrain, most of my time is on pavement which should be worse.

what lipos you using?

Or you just need to learn the limitations of it when in the air. Going WOT to complete a triple backflip will probably tear up any tire you try. Not saying that's what your doing, but that's the only time I've grenaded a tire. Have done it a couple times. Once on my savage and once on my revo. Both running an LRP28... :)

When did your tire grenade? While on the ground or when in the air?

Back