HPI Flux Brushless vs Emaxx Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi,

I'm sorry if this was posted I searched the forums and can't find them. I want to buy a brushless MT looking at the HPI Savage Flux vs the EMaxx Brushless.

I want a truck that will be more durable and with fewer repairs. I'm going to basically run it on my home street and large backyard (about 1 acre) with trees.

I already have 2 3s LIPOS 5000 mah 35c venoms I can use.

Cost wise TH is offering 80 off so price will be about 100 difference so that's no a concern.

Part repairs if needed I'm not worried about local availaibility as I usually buy everything on line and can wait.

Suggestions?

For durability, the Savage. But I see you mention some street running also, and both of those trucks are tall and top heavy, and not really well suited for playing the the street. Honestly, if you're going to play on the street a good bit, I'd look at an E Revo. It'll run rings around both of those rigs in the handling department.

Yes I looked into that, the more I look at the trucks I like the looks of the TMAXX better but realize
For durability, the Savage. But I see you mention some street running also, and both of those trucks are tall and top heavy, and not really well suited for playing the the street. Honestly, if you're going to play on the street a good bit, I'd look at an E Revo. It'll run rings around both of those rigs in the handling department.
Yes thats what I've heard, I had an erevo and loved it but I need something more durable, everyone says the thunder tiger mt4 is the one to get but its impossible to find.

The savage will be more durable out of the box but the tmaxx and the revo can be made just as durable with a few hop ups.

Thanks guys this is what I thought but reassured. I'm still looking for this TT mt4 is it no longer sold by anyone? Just found it on the TT site as a direct buy which is much more expensive.

I also saw the Savage FLUX XS but worry its more plastic and can break easier

the XS is a mini. I think its 1/16 scale. Its a beast on 2S. It will run on 3S but people tend to tear it up much easier on 3S. I can't help ya on the Thunder Tiger stuff, Never been to big on them.

Thats the problem there is no balance and how can there be with so much power. I really like the looks of the TMAXX better though.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by balance? Just because the electronics are capable of running 3s doesn't mean that you have to. My MERV (mini E revo) will run on 3s, but I run on 2s 99% of the time. And the Tmaxx is a nitro rig, not electric. But if that's what you like, buy it, nothing wrong with that.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by balance? Just because the electronics are capable of running 3s doesn't mean that you have to. My MERV (mini E revo) will run on 3s, but I run on 2s 99% of the time. And the Tmaxx is a nitro rig, not electric. But if that's what you like, buy it, nothing wrong with that.
Sorry I meant EMAXX not TMAXX.
What I mean by balance is the ease by which the car will topple if you hit the throttle. That's what I know hopups, balancing bars etc are for.

It's all in your throttle control honestly. And a brushless Emaxx isn't any less prone to wheeyling over backwards than the Savage. Wheely bars do help, but if you're worried about it that much, then a truggy might be a better answer since they have the center diff. A well built truggy with a different set of tires makes a great bash rig, and you can swap tires around and go turn laps at the local track. Or an E revo with a center diff would be another possibility. Short answer is, no one vehicle does everything incredibly well, so you need to pick a vehicle based on what you intend to do the most with it, and go from there. They all have pros and cons, just a matter of picking which of the pros / cons suit your intended use.

Sorry I meant 1/12 not 1/16. I'm so used to talking about the Traxxas minis. The XS is great on 2S but I prefer the bigger 1/8 scale kits.

I'm with you Grewolf. I've had my MERV for years now, and it's been a fantastic rig, never broken anything. BUT, after getting a 1/10 (more like 1/8 size) E Revo, I much prefer it to the mini. Just so much more capable in the yard, rough terrain, etc. I love that thing! Probably going to give the MERV to my nephew for his birthday.