HPI-Killers Traxxas Revo Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, nothing except the 3.3 5309 chassis, the rest is switched over except for full RPM arms, and shock/body mounts.

The electronic boxes are fine, dont plan on doing a whole lot after this, I need to get my rigs ready to sell off for a crawler or scaler for spring time :D

Okay, after being down for a day internet wise, I was able to get the rear true-track conversion done, along with re-bolting it back to the new chassis, crap tons of pics coming within the hour.

I may just sell it after this being that the entire rig has been torn apart and detail cleaned and is going to look SICK when its all done :D

Okay, here we go...

I didnt have the camera for the first steps into dismantling the rear diff housing for cleaning and rebuild, so sorry if I miuss a few steps. I hope this will help someone down the road?

Started off by removing all bottom skid plates followed by hinge pins on the arms
P1070458.jpg

Front End
P1070459.jpg

Removed all hardware conecting the front and rear assemblies, simply consist of 2 screws per on the bottom, and 2 long screws from the top that bolt the shock mounts on the chassis
P1070463.jpg

P1070465.jpg

P1070460.jpg

Removing the bottom skid allows access to the fromt alloy clip that holds the 2 halves together
P1070461.jpg

P1070462.jpg

Unbolt the screw holding the shock towers and 3 2.5mm screws around the towers on the chassis
P1070466.jpg

P1070470.jpg

P1070473.jpg

Remove rear alloy chassis clip
P1070471.jpg

Should slide straight out from the chassis
P1070469.jpg

Pull out the driveling holding brace
P1070468.jpg

After doing the steps above you should be left with this god awful mess, nothing but dirt, sand and grime, SCREAMING my name to clean.
P1070475.jpg

Also, as your removing these pieces and parts, make sure to either know what your doing, or take picture by picture so you can use them as referance later on. I also replace any screws back into the holes after removal so I am not left with a jumbled pile of misc hardware, therefore it is as simple as re-bolting it right back up without the hassle.

This is where it skips to the rear being done, fully torn down, cleaned and checked for problems before re-assembly.
P1070485.jpg

P1070486.jpg

The new MIP CVDS, they look so sexy! MMMMM
P1070487.jpg

P1070495.jpg

The alloy knuckles.
P1070489.jpg

Front end torn apart just like the rear to clean and check for bad parts n pieces. All checked out fantastic other than some blown bearings in the axle carriers.

1/2 of the front done
P1070490.jpg

POOF! front end done
P1070491.jpg

The knuckles installed but not adjusted to fit and articulate quite yet, just excited!
P1070492.jpg

Rear skids replaced
P1070493.jpg

Front end just about complete, had to get some pics of the new look with her new shoes.
P1070496.jpg

P1070497.jpg

P1070498.jpg

P1070499.jpg

Fin

So far, I am about 6 hours into this tear down,clean & rebuild but overall has not been real dificult at all thanks to the methods I used to get me referances. About 60%+ done and I would say the hardest part is definatly done...

More pics coming later on as I hope I can get her back together before bed time!

^^Oh yeah those CVDs look gnarly underneath, so real looking! What brand are those alloy knuckles?^^

------

Okay my first issue I am running into is that when I set the truck on the ground and press it down to the ground, the front tires bow outward like so \ / . What would cause this?

if I dont fall asleep here soon I will get some more pics up.

Its really coming along. Keep it up.
I also really like those tires. What kind are they?

Its really coming along. Keep it up.
I also really like those tires. What kind are they?

I got them from another member and they are the stock wheel/tires from the original .15 TMAXX.

And thanks, I hope I can get it up and runnung in the next week or so after I buy some nitro

Dang brother, nice job for sure. That thing looks great now!

Thanks amigo, yeah I can't wait to get it done, it looks like a brand new rig haha for it practically is minus a few things.

Any ideas what would make the front wheels bow outwards when I press down on the rig Like so ----> \--o--/ ?

Okay my first issue I am running into is that when I set the truck on the ground and press it down to the ground, the front tires bow outward like so \ / . What would cause this?

if I dont fall asleep here soon I will get some more pics up.

Only thing I can think of to cause this would be the camber of your tires. Because of how they are shaped you can't really tell that the tires are pointing angle outward when the shocks aren't compressed, but I'm not sure. Try to tighten the upper pillow balls and leave the bottoms. Let me know if it works.

BTW, those tires looks great on there! :D:D

Any ideas what would make the front wheels bow outwards when I press down on the rig Like so ----> \--o--/ ?

Install the toe links on the bottom side of the axle carrier ackerman arm.

Hey HP, did you go bootless on the knuckles?

Install the toe links on the bottom side of the axle carrier ackerman arm.
Thats what i was thinking, but I will have to use a nut on the bolt if I go under the knuckles ear, which is alright I suppose, I will give it a shot thanks :D

Hey HP, did you go bootless on the knuckles?

I actually dont have any boots, the boots that were on were busted up and time aged and hardened so I tore all boots off so it looked cleaner. I plan on getting boots down the road though for sure.

looking good keep the pics coming

Update, I just got some factory pushbars, a new lid and somethin else..

Lol I may, I posted that last one really pissed off from work and just slapped together a shopping cart and baught it lmao.

Let me see what I have coming, then will do the Frickenjoey trick and make you hang on a picture of a box lol.

Sorry have not been interested in finishing until today, almost *60 out here and I'm workin in the sun about to give you a teaser and go run and snap :D
P1070564.jpg

Back