HPI-Killers Axial XR10 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Lloyd said lower links up front or front axle, LOL!!!!!:hehe:

Maybe I'm confused but I mean when I go to upgrade my chassis or even prior to, buying new upper links and lowers? Or I am just retarded:hehe:

I think I am even more confused now, LOL!!!

Ok if I am reading this right you want to know what material is perfered for upper and lower links. for uppers I would say aluminum or titanium, for lowers I see delrin, titanium, and aluminum being used. Lloyd is really liking his titanium links, I might try delrin down the road but the aluminum links are working for now.

It was 2 questions lol but you are right on with what I meant. Any links to these links? Sorry for a confusing post

It was 2 questions lol but you are right on with what I meant. Any links to these links? Sorry for a confusing post

The thing with links is they are all kinda customized around the chassis you are running, I am using the longer stock straight links that came in the XR10 kit up front, and Axial 30* aluminum bent links in the rear for upper and lower links, my front upper links are just some aluminum links a buddy of mine had that we made work. Then it was just a matter of getting the right rod combo the get my rig in spec.

Okay i got my xr all wired up & have run into a couple small issues. I'm afraid of pursuing this on RCC in fear ill get nothing but flamed, and I know you guys wont flame me. When I approach an incline and get my front tires to it, my rear tires stop rolling until I proceed the throttle over about 1/4th in, (Also happens to the front tires also). As soon as I go about a 1/4 throttle in both front and rear kick in and the beast climbs, and man does she, spent 10 minutes climbing up my legs lol. How can I fix this, I was told it was because I need to make sure both esc throttle epas are 100% but wanna make sure nothing else is the problem.

My next problem is with reverse, when I reverse she is strong but pulses (fast slow fast slow). No jerking or jolting in this just a smoth but quick paced "pulse", any ideas what would cause this?

They also talked about my 1st problem saying I needed to time my motors? Wtf is that?

Thanks guys

The first problem you are talking about sounds like stall and is very coomon with MOA rigs, I could be wrong though, Lloyd is who we really need for answers, he has been running MOA rigs for sometime now, I've been crawling for a while but the whole MOA thing is still pretty new to me as well, the reverse issue almost sounds like your radio has a antilock brake function that pulses the reverse so your brakes don't lock up, as for motor timing, how to get it right I am not sure but it is done by loosening the too set screws and rotating the end bell a few degrees one way or the other to increase or decrease motor timing and rpm.

Put your throttles too 100%. Try it then, if the rear is still stalling then theres a couple things you can try. You can try to loosen the rear pinion mesh just a bit. That will make it have to work less to get turning.
Id also set the throttle epa on the radio to just before it starts making your rig move.

Update, sorry no action pics yet I'm still tuning my xr but Mr.Brown came today and left me a gift!

My VP hop ups and my free xl tee!
P1060017.jpg

P1060016.jpg

P1060015.jpg

P1060014.jpg

P1060013.jpg

All black Chubs, lockouts, incision knucks, green beads and slw v1s riding @ 475 & 600

Sweet deal you will love all the steering you will have now, not to mention how much more solid it will feel with all the aluminum parts, not sure if you have a solid straight link for the steering but you will need that too, the VP knuckles don't work with the stock steering unless you get some longer tie rods. But the solid steering link is the way to go for sure.

Okay Just got my wheels mounted up and holy sh** what a trouble I had squeezing a wide pitbull onto a 1" wheel lol. My next question is do I want to vent these wheels as I do a plastic wheel by simply drilling a small hole or? Next up, lol my wheen hub hex's allen lock-down screw is stripped..., Do I attempt drilling it out or what? My deremel took a duece so its out of the game

You already stripped one of those screws? lol.

You already stripped one of those screws? lol.

Lol I tried to be a hero and tighten it down with an already "rounding" hex tip, I can try a new hex tip but fear the worst... Any ideas? Lol and on venting?:D

Last edited:
Yes on the venting. Remember the screws for them hubs dont take a metric hex, I've stripped one before trying to get a metric to work. But they are standard.

Yes on the venting. Remember the screws for them hubs dont take a metric hex, I've stripped one before trying to get a metric to work. But they are standard.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT! There are 2 differant types of hexes? LMAO @ myself...:hehe: damnit....

UPDATE: Rig with the finished lid & wheel setup, no action pictures until I get her tuned
P1060018.jpg

P1060019.jpg

Thus far I'm drilling 2 out....

EDIT:

Loring-3 XR10-0

Haha the locktight just glued them in place, so i just popped the loc and they slid right off! WOO

Last edited:
You used loctite on the screws? I didn't and they seem to stay tight just fine with out it, rig looks good, how did the hubs work out as far as the spacing goes?

Okay here is a tiny update I reckon, Just got my Punk DIG unit in and soldered up and my wires exposed with the best of what I had, and did the front steering link and a rear steer just foolin with parts till mr.brown comes. Sorry no driving yet I didnt have my rx or I woulda been driving but I did some poser shots.

P1060154.jpg

P1060157.jpg

P1060158.jpg

P1060159.jpg

P1060160.jpg

Looks like you just about got it buttoned up, now you said Punk Dig, does this mean you are no longer running dual ESC's?

Looks like you just about got it buttoned up, now you said Punk Dig, does this mean you are no longer running dual ESC's?
Yeah I could not it chime in and didnt understand 2 escs and such and heard nothin but good on punk dig units so I will give it a go and sell out my other fxr