HPI-Killers Axial XR10 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
raw is silver. The slw's work fine with the vp knuckles. 225 or 350 hubs would be good for the rear and prolly the same up front, either 225's or 350's.

raw is silver. The slw's work fine with the vp knuckles. 225 or 350 hubs would be good for the rear and prolly the same up front, either 225's or 350's.

And that will do me alright with the pitbulls? Sorry for so many dumb Qs these wheels aint cheap and only have 1 shot to get it right lol. And thank you very much for all the help lloyd! :D

Should be good.

Okay got a portion of my parts ordered, damn this sh!ts expensive....
For now I am getting:
VP black incision chubs
VP black incision knucks
VP SLW V1 RAW x4 + 350 hex hubs x4 + 4 annodized green VP bead locks.

Itll do for now I suppose, I had to X out my lockouts because I was 3 dollars short of them w/ shipping costs, & I dont have or know where my XR10 serial number is to get the shirt so screw it.

can't wait! Woo!

Sorry been sick and not on the comp a whole lot.

Sounds like you got some good stuff coming, the number is on the side of the XR10 box at one end, as for the hubs I think your going to be a little narrow up front, I could be wrong though, I have not run SLW's up front. How you plan on adding weight to the front end or are you planing too? I just switched to 475 hubs in the rear because it was just a little to narrow for my liking with the SLW's.

Last edited:
If I am narrow I'll pick some sedonas or boss claws up, just wish my rig was already up and running.....

If I am narrow I'll pick some sedonas or boss claws up, just wish my rig was already up and running.....

If your to narrow tires won't make you any wider per say, you already have a wide tire, it is the hubs that control your over all track width, so you would need a wider set of hubs.

Hopefully I'll be okay. As soon as I get my packs I'm getting her up and running

Hopefully I'll be okay. As soon as I get my packs I'm getting her up and running

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I just put my 1" SLW's with 475 hubs and Rovers that are not as wide as tour pit bulls on the front of my rig and they rub on the steering servo and shocks. I think you are going to need the 600 hubs up front, I'd call VP on Monday and see if you can change your hub order to 600 and 475 hubs, JMO...

Oh man I'll have to! Thanks curtis

225's on the rear are prolly the most popular slw hub setup though. But I had no idea on the front, I hadnt ran any up front either.

I was running the 350 hubs in the rear and just did not care for it being that narrow, just my personal preference. might be easier to get the rear through the gates but it will not side hill as well, with the 475 hubs I am still a little narrower in the rear, but just not as extreme of a difference.

Lets hope vanquish will work with me on this lol

Lets hope vanquish will work with me on this lol

I'm sure if they already shipped your order they will let you return the hubs for the right sizes. The people at VP are pretty cool. If not send them to me and I will go down to VP and exchange them for you in person, I live about 5 minutes away from them and have been there several times.:D

Rock on man that's cool thanks curtis ill do that
I'm sure if they already shipped your order they will let you return the hubs for the right sizes. The people at VP are pretty cool. If not send them to me and I will go down to VP and exchange them for you in person, I live about 5 minutes away from them and have been there several times.:D

Just called vp and they switched them for me plus I added lockouts to my order so I'm good until I get funds for the tranny upgrades. Thanks again curtis for catching that problem

Okay couple questions, what are you xr10 boys using for your uppers and lowers? uppers dont prefer any particular material but lowers id prefer delrin. Also can I make a front battery plate with household materials? These gensacearespammers packs are small and light, would mounting them in the rear be a significant change in performance? Thanks gents

Yeah Id stick with either on the lower links or on the front axle with the battery.