hpi baja 5b motor upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy mack

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello guys, first time on here and about to purchase my 5b, i am looking for a bit of advice as to which power plant/exhaust is the one to go for, all suggestions welcome, thanks, Jimmy

Are you looking to upgrade right out of the box? I'm not too sure about the engine kit, as mine is still stock (but not for long!). I upgraded to the JetPro V3 exhaust, and it made the engine perk up quite a bit.

I here the 27cc is a good motor I got a 29cc all chromed out for a deal 200 bucks shiped new never ran look around some good deals out there....good luck and congrats on the baja you will love it...........

How much of a power increase is there going from the stock engine to a 27 or29 cc engine?

Its mostly in the low end. The 23 has a lag-time from stop to mid. Getting a 29 will reduce that and getting a stuffed crank will help a bunch as well. My 29 with the stuffed crank will spin the rubber off of a set of tarmacs.

If your looking for top speed, a 27 will have more RPMs then the 29 but not as much off the line.

How much power does paddles take any huge notice in lost of bottom end ????????:jet: