How Hot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Q1. I'm just wondering how long i can keep filling my tank up for without turning of the engine?,

Q2. Once i have turned my engine off and it has gone cold i have great difficulty starting it, I have to drive it round for five mins with the glow starter in the top before i can take it out with out it stalling!?! I would be greatfull for any help or solutions as i am quite new at all this. Thanks All :drool:

You can run the engine as long as you want, just make sure you keep your temps checked. I don't like to go over 250, usually try to keep around 200-220.

Best advice get a temp gun.

About Q2, others will have to help you out there, sounds like you need to work on your carb settings.

No problem w/filling while running. Thats how they do it at the races. I'd work on your tuning so you don't have to leave the ignitor on like that. You should be able to take it off within a few seconds. You must be really rich, or have a glow plug thats to cold for the fuel your running.

ya i would go and fix ur needles and tune them a little bit.

bryan

A1) keep filling it up as long as many times as you like. the engine temp wont keep rising and rising or anything like that (unless it's too lean and doesn't have the lubrication to keep it cool)

A2) just like these guys have said, it sounds like you're running rich. if you're not familiar with the term, it means you're putting too much fuel into the engine and smothering the glow-plug (making it stall).

the reason why it will run after 5min or so is because the engine will naturally move to a leaner condition as the tempurature of the engine rises. a hot engine burns fuel much better than a cold engine.

i highly suggest that you educate yourself on tuning the carb settings. your manual should say something about it. also if you search this forum, a couple of us have explained the process in great detail. another good source of information (and maybe the best) is a real person that can teach you how to do it.

good luck and welcome,
Rob

oh yeah, i forgot to add: they sell temperature guns that will tell you how hot your engine is. 200-260 degrees F is an acceptable range for engine tempurature. if it's too cold, you put undue stress on the internal parts. if it's too hot, obviously, you damage the engine. an ideal temp is from 230-240 for most engines.

-Rob

double check your glow plug. I had that problem a couple days ago. Make sure the coil hasnt gone dull silver

Also, like Robh said, check and see if your glow plug is the right temp for your nitro fuel. I run 20% and i have to use a different one than my friend who runs 30%.

Andrew

Change a new glow plug before do any needler adjustment. May I know u know how do the needler setting??