how fast?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the mill and gearing.

Out of the box, the jato 2.5 can do 55mph and the jato 3.3 can do 65mph. With optional gearing, the schumacher menace can to 70mph.

Last edited:
it's not about top speed..it's about controlling the speed you have.....

i know, but this is just out of curiosity, I'm new to the hobby and even though i want an MT I'm still curious about other tsuff

A typical ST goes around 35-40. By typical, I mean the losi xxx-nt, associated RC10GT, traxxas rustler, xtm xcellerator and I believe there's a few other "normal" ST's. These are all single speed small block engine trucks.

The jato isn't normal. It has a two speed trans and an optional mid-block (trx3.3) which kind of makes it the exception as far as speed goes.

robmob said:
It depends on the mill and gearing.

Out of the box, the jato 2.5 can do 55mph and the jato 3.3 can do 65mph. With optional gearing, the schumacher menace can to 70mph.
65 mph is way sick,I would destroy that in a heartbeat the way I cannot drive!:LoL:

No one ever mentions how fast an rc10gt with a collari .32 can go... Although, I guess we still don't know... :hehe:

Remember: Power is nothing without grip. Basically you will go nowhere in the dirt with a big engine and 2wd. if you want a big engine, get 4wd.

the xtm x-cellerator is great for a beginer or any one because it can take a beating. another plus is its a cheap that is the price not the qualty RTR going from $200 To $250.

my drake goes 80 down revelatoin's back stright. yeah.... eat that buddy. hows it taste :) <3

Holy poop 80. Wow! The xtm is fast and a great beginner. Guy around the corner has one and it cooks.

well do you want a fast stadium truck that goes stright. they all can do that. you want one that goes fast and turns (and i mean for racing) go for a losi or team ASS.ociated :)

way too fast

i have an rc10gt with the o.s. .18cvr running a 26 tooth traxxas clutch bell with a 56 tooth spur and i clocked it with a radar gun at 70 m.p.h and climbing when it passed the radar gun, it was very hard to control because of the rear tires growing but it is still wicked fast. i race it on the dirt oval at my local track,

I dont think an RC10GT can go that fast...

my factory team GT powered by an AXE rossi (aka rear exhaust racing engine) has been clocked at 70. kph. or about 45. thats revving its tits out with taller gearing than i use. so on the track its about 35-40 mph is the fastest you can go.