How do you eat this cheese?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
msly said:
Well the cheese saga is over.

Here is the blow by blow. I tried to cut off the white part and it did not go so well. I get the sneaking suspicion that it supposed to be there. Well what ever was left after I butchered the cheese I slapped in some bread and made 2 griddled cheese sandwiches with low carb bread and I can not believe its butter garlic and herb. Note to self buy velvetta next time LOL

MSLY thats some funny poop there I can't belive that you made a grilled cheese with that cheese.. get tillamook chedder next time..

OH and congrats on the biggest cheese thread i have ever seen :cheers:

Last edited:
cheeseheart.jpg

Gotta love cheese! Wife loves cheese, just hates it when I eat it before bed time. She says I can levitate the bed sheets with one slice of kraft american.

They said "for better or worse" at the wedding, cheese is better for me, worse for her!

Pretty funny, Diver.
I have to give credit to the first guy who took a bite out of 3 year old milk.

Of all the threads started here on RCNT, this one is pretty cheesy.

I can't believe you made a grill cheese sandwich out of that. Where are all the French guys when you need them. I stayed in France for 27 days a few years ago, and had all kinds of cheese put before me. Worst eating cheese I ever saw. They even had cheese that was runny.

Give me some Velveta and a bottle of Boon's Farm.

I think this cheese thread needs to be pinned to the top of this forum LOL

scottm said:
Nice um "cheesy" avitar sly!

I can not take credit for that. Looks like one of the Mod Gods decided it would be funny.... LOL

RAMTech-RC said:
I can't believe you made a grill cheese sandwich out of that. Where are all the French guys when you need them. I stayed in France for 27 days a few years ago, and had all kinds of cheese put before me. Worst eating cheese I ever saw. They even had cheese that was runny.

Yes I agree, California cheese is way better when compared to foriegn stuff.

u can eat the wite thing I'm form europe and if I'm not right it gives it taist :devious: EAT IT!

Last edited:
now sly you and your cheese thread are starting to scare me.

Oh, Cheeses. Now it's getting out of hand.
Way more than I would pay for half a sandwich, and I don't know if I'd want to eat it since it's 10 years old. The cheese might still be good, but I know the bread would be a bit stale.

that grilled cheese sandwich belongs in a museum it hasnt sprung a spore of mold in 10 years.

:puke: cheese rules, its very good goin down but ya just might pay for it in the end, bottom end... :puke: :puke:

Since I'm necromancing today (having not been on the board in almost 2 weeks)

The white part of the cheese is called the rind. It "can" be eaten but I peronally dont enjoy the taste. BE WARNED! On some cheeses the rind is actually a type pf mold that is NOT to be eaten. It is there as a protective barrier and to help in the aging process. Typically these types of cheeses are best served on crackers, with or without wine.

I have always cut a wedge, used a very thin paring knife to slice the top layer of white crud off, then use a small cheese spreader (kind of a rounded butter knife) to spread the cheese on different types of crackers or small peices of bread. Some like to spread on very thin toased breads (almost like bruchetta but thinner)

Any way you cut the cheese (pun very much intended), Sly looked healthy when he stopped by the races on sunday. I guess it wasn't poisonous. Must've made a good grilled cheese sandwich!