how can i pop a wheelie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
that would be so cool, how the heck do i do it.:bow:

is the truck stock first of all? cause i got a sirio .27 in mine and i have trouble keeping the front end down even with a half of throttle. but if it is stock, then stiffen the rear springs and see what you can get out of it. Also make sure your motor is tuned really well. I'm not sure if the bb can make it pop wheelies.

junglboy, i had the same prob u did. with my XTM 24.7 i couldnt keep the beast on teh ground. get a clutchbell withabout 2 teeth more and it will fix it!

bryan

well what i did was put on larger and heavier tires that helped alittle bit, it still jukes the front end up with no problem. i was thinking of puting an 18t cb on there but i dunno yet.

well i have supermaxx so i dont know what the stock savages cb's are. right now i am running a 23t clutch bell and works good. sometimes when i get on the gas all the way at the beginning she goes in the air but not like it used too. when i had liek a 19t cb it would just not stop wheeling with like 1/2 throttle.

bryan

yeah, b4 i had my stock savage tires on which are smaller then my 40series proline tires, it would take like aquarter throttle and the savage would just flip on its ass with little ease. i thought i would solve it by puting on the bigger tires, but its still wont bog my sirio .27 down. I would upgrade to an 18t cb but i am worried that it would be to much for the sirio .27 with the bigger and all on.

o, i was thinking about getting the big joes or something big, but i am going to race next season and dont want big tires. so i just went and got the bigger clutch bell to keep it on the ground

bryan

yeah that sounds like a good idea, i think i will check it out with the 18t on there.

Oh yea the .25bb will pop wheelies, but like jungleboy said stiifer rear springs would be a big help, the stock spring tend to squat pretty easy, but I can get the front end off the grond and make the back bumper drag in the grass........sometimes on the pavement too

i can get my back bumper to hit the ground anywhere. it is really kool at night, i had titanium bumpers and i would bust wheelies for liek 15 feet, while it was sparking!!!:naughty:

bryan

you know what i need that my lhs doesn't have.i wheely bar

pissant, do you have the .25 or the .21??? I think the .25 is a lot easier to do than the .21. I used to be able to do it until I got tired of my brother smoking me in races. My front would always want to pull up so I had to back off the throttle. Stiffer rear springs, tuned just right, and a pretty tight slipper clutch gear. You can also try like a 13/52 combo. Stock .21 comes with 14/52.

I have the .21 as well. Get some more shock spacers and put it on the rear shocks. Lean out your needles and go in some grass. Better grip. Go slow and hit the brakes. Nose dive and then hit the throttle. Only go for a little while because you gotta shut the truck down. Either that or richen it back up. Also have the slipper clutch about 1/4 from tight. Give that a try. May work. May not.

u guys got to work that hard to get the thing to wheelie??? man put some more power in the thing

bryan

LMAO...........not that it's lacking in power, just needs stiffer springs on the back, the stock ones are too soft and want to squat under all the torque.........trust me power is not an issue here..........I'm sure that you have upgraded your shocks on your ride, eh? Maybe I should throw in a 13 t CB and a 48t spur.......plenty of wheelies for sure then, but not enuff top end for me, I like to go fast too, makes for higher and longer jumps ya know LOL

man u should have seen teh crazy arss jump i did last night. i flew off of a 3 ft vert ramp, went about 15-20ft in the air and landed on the back of the truck. damn cheap traxxas bulkheads. broke the both of them:thumbdown

bryan

OUCH! Bet it looked way cool though, get some video footage sometime bro.........I'm gonna try to find a digital video camera at the pawn shop sometime just for my ride

I can easily pop wheelies on asphalt from a complete stop in my stock .21. Got stiffer springs all around, and just put a new rb 086 pipe on it and it was on its back like a cheap ho!

ya i know i need to get a video camera. me and my friends use the jump to jump hedges and fences and crap. i am going to jump on his roof sometime(will defenitly get video camera for that).

bryan

Back