Hobbywing Max10 throttle/motor issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hobbywing Max 10, its a older one, I call it the G1s. 60A, sensorless:
It has been discontinued since the G2s (sensored) came out.
1715462204071.png

Got this ESC in my Rustler. Noticed it started having issues when I was last at the track. When I went out today for a quick bash it was still there.
After about 2 minutes of driving today, the motor cuts out and I had no throttle. Steering still worked. I didn't have the temp sensor plugged in for the motor so I plugged that in. Didn't make a difference (also becase the negative wire on the sensor came out of the plug and I don't wanna solder something up that small)

ESC gives me a flashing green light. Battery is fully charged (using a SMC 7200 2s with a 5mm bullet to traxxas adapter) and the motor isn't even warm.
Recalibrated the esc multiple times, still no difference. replugged the motor wires in. Messed around with the motor wires near where they go into the motor too see if its a wire or a solder joint and didn't notice anything different.

Maybe a bad esc? Motor? something with my receiver/radio?
(My radio is RadioLink. 4GS V3 transmitter and a de-cased R6FG V4 receiver)

Edit:
After this happened, turned off, turned back on. Went to normal, and the throttle cut back out a few seconds later. :|

Well Ill be amazed.

Used one of my old hoovo batteries and was out testing for like 5 minutes and didn't cut out.

Problem solved :)

I need new batteries anyways. Looking into Hoovo or Zeee or CHNL. 2s. Something 6000mah+ 80C+ and with a XT60 plug so i don't have to run adapters in the car.

Back