Hobby King 1/5 Scale Clone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Eddy got frustrated that no one was buying magazine subscriptions in the lobby.

Eddy I am calling you out right here in front of every one....that needle was CLEARLY broken from abuse! You are full of Shiznit if you are going to make me believe you broke it knitting. How many times have you thrown it at the cat? Oh you HAVEN'T? REALLY EDDY? Do you think any of us believe that? Rolex is a champion knitter we will see what his opinion is.:hehe:

man...I take off from the site for a couple days and I missed all the good stuff.

There's a moral to the story, Savagefan: Don't take any days off.

back on the topic of the hobby king kit... they make a more expensive version with more aluminium and a tuned pipe for 429.99. seems like a good deal for a kit

I'm interested to hear from those who own one of these....

How do they hold up, are they worth the money, for a lil more, you can get a redcat mt or xt which imo seem to be from a better company, etc...

I'm interested to hear from those who own one of these....

How do they hold up, are they worth the money, for a lil more, you can get a redcat mt or xt which imo seem to be from a better company, etc...

I'm personally glad I waited and got the HPI myself. I've beat the crap out of this thing for a gallon and a half (roughly six hours of runtime) and I've broken one shock shaft, an $8 part, that's it. And if I need something, I can get it anywhere online or at my LHS, and it's guaranteed to fit.

More aluminum does not make a kit better. IMO if you polish a turd all you get is a shiny turd.

Your knitting needles are obviously plastic. You need to upgrade to a minimum of 6065 aircraft alloy. They are available in any color, anodized.
It's also obvious that you abused your needles. Don't knit to release rage by slamming them into each other while you knit one and pearl two, but calm yourself down first and knit slowly, with tenderness and caring.
Make a nice cozy to use as a ball warmer.

broken.JPG

Last edited:
I have heard from acouple sources that both the exceed and HK "baja clones" will accept HPI parts. I guess all they did was took alot of the parts and took the left and right lables off them and changed the patent number by one

The HPI parts will fit anything if you grind and cut them enough.

Back