Hobby King 1/5 Scale Clone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who needs the Bad Dog with Eddy on the rampage?

The majority of the parts listed simply can't break without jumping or WOT unless like Ed mentioned, you completely lack driving skills and drive into walls and under cars constantly.

Another explanation is that since it's an SS, a piss poor job of building was done and he over tightened all the fasteners into plastic and cracked them.

Please post up pics of the SS in question both top and bottom as mentioned.

Last edited:
Not to beat the dead horse more but 4 sets of rear wheels? That is not even physically possible in 1/2 tank of gas unless you were playing on the highway.

Come on tough guy, post up some pics of your busted ride!

I've never heard of all of those parts being broken even on a cheap clone. That includes every scale of RC I've seen. I am not the greatest driver and readily admit it, but I have never had that much carnage on a half tank even when I was learning to drive.

I dont think a baja clone, no matter how bad of quality, could break that many parts in only half a tank!

Ill call Bill $hit on you for this post.
Lets see some photos of all these parts and a photo of your rig including the bottom of the chassis.
Ill tell you in 5 seconds what this rig has been through. Only one other possibility is that you have hit walls or curbs numerous times from lack of driving skills.

Your being called out.......
Put up or shut up!!

Looks like your out there buying quality parts.

How many front tires?

I love this one....

Ill keep digging and finding posts you have made. This is just off one forum in the last 2 months. How many forums and far back would you like me to go?

ok first off eddy get your facts straight the ada is on my baja the one i was gettng rid of was a TGN i got off of the admin nazis forum. secondi have went through 0 front tires 1 set of rears (stock soft POS's)

i never took any pics of the busted plastic pieces unfortunately but here, these are pics that i did happen to take of broken parts as well as the underside of my chassis AND the newest plastic arms that i had top replace

0406012342.gif

0406012345.gif

0406012345a.gif

0406012345b.gif

0406012345c.gif

0406012355.jpg

0406012353.jpg

0309011935.jpg

0309011934.jpg

0309011933.jpg

0307011724.jpg

0215011430.jpg

gougeoninnerleftrearbody.jpg

gougeoninnerrightrearbody.jpg

as you can see from teh chassis underside she hasnt been ran hardly at all so before you "call someone out" make sure you have your facts right and have a clue of what you are talking about :p: .

i would like to point out to EVERYONE, i had started to believe what everyone said about the quality of the baja but my experience has shown me the opposite.

wonder what you would say if i called you out on the truth of the futaba range test, (a call to futaba will result in them telling you it has a range of 240 or 250 feet ;) )

How much air did you get when you was jumping your baja?

I have had 4-5 feet of air under my Baja....cartwheeled many times....crashed into other Baja's...cartwheeled some more. Done roof landings...off kilter landings....one wheel landings. crashed into a fence full on when a throttle servo died (before I had a kill switch). So far in well over a year, 2 sets of rear tires and about 5 gallons of gas I have ruined one body. Oh yeah a couple spark plugs too....wow what a POS I have. If anyone can smell Bull shiznit when it comes to the large scales I trust Eddy. Oh yeah....MY Futaba 3PKS Fasst has a range of about 350-400 YARDS. Dude I am not sure if you just have that bad of luck or if it is just you. Best I can say is don't take up skydiving anytime soon.

I'm seeing a lot of wear on that rig and evidence of it being jumped.

May want to rethink your statement about not ever jumping or going WOT. It would make your tale of woe with parts breakage list slightly believable. Only slightly.

wonder what you would say if i called you out on the truth of the futaba range test, (a call to futaba will result in them telling you it has a range of 240 or 250 feet ;) )

WTF?

At what point in this thread did anybody make any ludicrous claims about the range of a Futaba radio system?

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of wear on that rig and evidence of it being jumped.

May want to rethink your statement about not ever jumping or going WOT. It would make your tale of woe with parts breakage list slightly believable. Only slightly.

Hey Rob i think i know what it is this guy must have got fired from HPI and now works for the competion!LOL:p:

There is way too much wear on the arms and frame for a half tank of fuel. Seriously, do you think we're going to believe that untruth? You might be able to BS some people, but a lot of us that have been around the hobby a while can smell BS really easily. As for Eddy, he deals almost exclusively in the Baja 5 series of vehicles. That's what he does for a living!

Sorry but wat does WOT mean ? Keep seeing it lol .

@ hamz, his post states that he cannot get through 1/2 tank of fuel before something breaks. I think you have the inpression that he only has a 1/2 tank of fuel through it total. As stated above though, the rig has seen big air or hit solid objects.

@ hamz, his post states that he cannot get through 1/2 tank of fuel before something breaks. I think you have the inpression that he only has a 1/2 tank of fuel through it total. As stated above though, the rig has seen big air or hit solid objects.

I seem to remember in one of his post saying he was running it on a football field.Think he may have thought a touch down meant hitting the goal post!:whhooo:

Is this quaart back with a Baja? If every thing you do or touch fails or breaks....there is one common factor in the equation.....figure it out.

arms
Arms brake from "Trama" Hitting something, Cartwheeling, repetitive motion Ect...
They can also brake in the shock opening on the rears from over tightening the screw as it looks like on your photo

shocks
From you photo there are 3 things that will cause inner Gouging like your photo.
1- Lack of maintenance. NO OR LOW FLUID
2- Broken piston from #1
3 Bent shock shaft from Bad Landings or hitting things

shock tower
Front? Again from Bad landings and cartwheels.

rear shock uprights
From bad landings and cartwheels

transmission case
Excessive shock. Cracking a trany case is rare. 75% of the times its caused from ON POWER LANDINGS. The other 25% of the time is from Stop or rolling to WOT. Not much more other then a 20 foot drop onto the rear of you rig.
rear L shaped plastic bumper parts

steering servo
Improper adjustment of you radio gear. Also bad adjustment of your servo saver when you do landings, cartwheels or hit stuff

2 throttle servos
SHUT YOUR BAJA SWITCH OFF FIRST BEFORE YOUR RADIO!! It goes into fail safe and will trash your servo in less then a minute. Especially when you use a 20.00 garbage servo

a few outdrives
Sorry son but only 2 things will cause this. On Power landings and dead stop t0 WOT.

pull starter (and i need another one)
Get over it. Its part of owning a Baja.

rear tires
Usace and loosing traction are the main reason for tire wear. Again Waaaaa.. Go get new ones. Its part of being a Baja owner

rear wheels (been through 4 sets of rear wheels now)
Only time I EVER damaged a wheel is when I hit something, landed bad, or overtightened the bead screws.

2 sets of front wheels
Same as rear wheels above

4 sets of dogbones (bent or broken)
Same as out drives See above. Looking at your photos, Its PURE TRAMA!!

and a host of other plastic parts that i found cracks in
Dude, You abuse you rig. No two ways about it. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AT ALL the only issue is you CRY LIKE A BABY and think that your rig should last forever. Face it, you drive the F^&K out of it and you drive it hard. The rest of us call it fun, you think its a great reason to bi%^h and moan.

I think the bottom line is that you can afford this hobby.

BTW, the bottom of your pipe is the tell tail of how you drive, look at it.

ANSWER WOODIES QUESTION WILL YOU!!

How much air did you get when you was jumping your baja?

One last thing:
WTF are you rambling on about a Futaba,
I dont own one, never owned one and to the best of my recollection have never posted any data or info about them. I simply can't because I dont have any experience with them.

Last edited:
Eddy I have a 3PKS with FASST...I have never ran it out of range. Hell by the time it does I can't see WTF I am doing. I do agree with you this guy is a dill hole who has no idea what he is doing.

this guy is a dill hole
A hole Assumes the "Absence of" :D

Why does everyone always pick on the "Dill"?
Never hear $hit talk about a sweet pickle or a Bread and Butter pickle. Poor "Dill" allways catches the brunt of it.

I would recommend taking up Knitting however I can see his posts now on the Knitting Forum.

I got a LEMON!!!!!
I SWEAR, IT NEVER TOUCHED YARN!!!
When I can afford it, I'm going to replace it with an aftermarket unit.

broken.JPG

Last edited:
Back