hitting parked cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibiza_95

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
lets say you were playing with your car and you hit a parked car... would you tell the owner? I've crashed my car and i think I've done quite a bit of damage to mine. lets say tho that you hit a brand new BMW M3 and you know itll cost a bit if it was damaged how about then... i love my real car and i would hope someone would tell me but then i can't afford to pay for any damage? it can't have done that much if any i didnt look i just picked it up and walked away hoping he wouldnt come out and never did.

i live on the same street tho i dont think anyone saw:eek:pps:

I would tell them. I honestly think it's all about being responsible. A lot of times your homeowners policy covers things like that. Not entirely sure.

If someone knocked on my door and said "hey mister, I hit your car with an RC, and I just want you to make sure I didn't do damage", I would be a little more understanding than if I just walked out and found damage to my car.
Then, I would be looking for heads to roll!
You might want to do the right thing here and tell him/her.

Think if you were playing with your RC, and let another guy drive it while you went to the store. You came back, and the RC was there, but the guy was gone and your RC wouldn't start. You would be pissed.
You would feel better if the guy stuck around and told you that he drove it into a lake, and that he was sorry. Even if he couldn't afford to fix it.

There's nothing worse than finding a dent on your $40,000-$60,000 car, and not knowing how it got that way.

I hit a van with my old Tmaxx ...my son did at least. It went out of control WOT. Hit the curb, bounced off..and hit the van. No damage to the van. Unfortunately the maxx was infar worse condition. I didn't knock on any doors as it was at a park. I did leave a note though.

I would leave a note. That way if your shy or a little nervous about talking to him, you can leave your phone number and either

a) Have you parents talk to him

Or

b)Not worry about him comming through the phone and choking you! ;)

You need two go and tell the person that owns the car you hit.
As stated above.Your parents home owners INS.Should cover it.
Buck up and do the right thing.Befor Karma bites you in the ass for it!

Agreed - part of the hobby is being responsible for any and all damage you cause. It'd be like driving a real car, and hitting a kid that ran out in the middle of the road.

Make sure you discuss it with your parents, so they don't get a surprise in the mail, or worse.

this aint exactly bout hitting a car with an rc car/truck but is it true about what i heard ? a rumor goin round at our track is that they are making some law that ya gota have a liscens to drive a nitro or gas powered rc land vehicle, kinda like having an A.M.A. card for flying rc nitro planes.......it is more for insurance purposes than an actual liscens........

Id tell them or at least leave a note with a number. If someone did that to my vehicle and didnt leave a note or mention it, and it did some damage and I later found out who it was, Id bump some heads.

The AMA licence for planes is only to fly a fly fields (like desinated areas for shows and stuff). At least that was my take on it. I've been flying (well kinda) for a couple years now and I never got it. But I also only fly around my house and from our land.

Here in Fort Wayne, someone was running a 1/5 scale F1 on the street. They hit an older lady getting her mail, compound fractures in both legs. So, I see the point in the AMA type insurance. Sorry, this is a bit off of the thread topic.

I hit parked cars all the time when I run in the street, mainly just hitting the tires. If I were to ever cause damage, I'd definitely knuckle up and let the owner know. That is just common sense.

Like it was stated before, Karma catches up. Suck it up and do the right thing, you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror the next morning.

Aside from Karma is Crap, I mean come on bad things happen to everybody all the time. You need to tell the guy.

Yes you will feel better because you can run your RC without worrying about the guy coming out and confronting you. Getting all angry because he put 2 and 2 together and figured your RC caused the damage. And you never no maybe you didnt do any damage and every thing is fine. You should still tell him, yes you will probably get a talking to But it is the Right thing to do.

The longer you wait, the harder it'll be to do. Suck it up like a man and tell the owner.

i told him, had a look at the car before, and told him there was no visible damage that i could see, he came had a look and said that he couldnt see anything so itd be ok.
I've helped him a few times in the past so he knows who i am and what I'm like.

i just figured if it was my car id expect someone to tell me... even tho i bet they wouldnt

Back