Hitec HS-645MG

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott baker

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Good for throttle/brake and steering on my H7? The price is right, my g/f can get me two for my birthday or one of the more expensive servos.

5645MG is so much better!!!

Servos

scott-

The HS-645MG would be good for steering, but consider the HS-625MG for throttle/brake (a little faster at .13 with decent torque for braking).

If your stock throttle/brake servo is working for you and you REALLY want to hop-up the steering (for racing) consider the HS-945MG for the steering. A bit more expensive (double). However if you're just bashing or club racing the first option should work well for you.

Airtronics, Futaba and JR offer some very nice servos as well, but generally run a bit higher for similar performance figures. I'm not knockin'em, I've just had good luck with HiTec so I've stuck with them.

Just keep things realistic depending on what you really want to do with the buggy. I personally wouldn't spend a wad of cash to just bash.

-SlingItX

Yep I go with 625MG for throttle/brake, 645MG on steering like Sling says.

anybody try the HS-945MG high torque servo ? I'm thinking about getting one, but not too sure cause there are soo many servos available in the market.

I have the 645mg but I'm just a basher but i go to the track every once in awhile. It works fine for me and for the price you can't beat it. But i havent tried the 945.

HS-945MG

HP Invent-

HiTec still has that "?" floating behind their quality, but so far I've had no problem with the HS-945MG. Granted, I've only done a few hot laps around an indoor track, but so far I'm pleased. It's strong as an oxe and runs around $30 less than other, comparable performance brands. I've not noticed any additional drain on the batts above what I was getting with an HS-645MG - There's probably some, but not a significant amount. As for the test of time, I'm sure someone here can vouch for it, or explain why it's 'not-so-great'.

For what it's worth I've had one return to HiTec out of eight different servos. It was less than two months old and just flat-out ceased functioning. I had it back in three weeks looking brand new and fully functional. No charge, no questions.

-SlingItX

i think hitec is good.. i have had not problems with any of their stuff.. other than their digital servos.. i was using in my monstertruck.. and it just stopped..

I have Hitec servos in all my rcs, I have not had a single problem with any of them. I am very happy with the performance and will continue to use them.

I'll have to second NCNitro on the servos. I run HiTec digital servos in my rides and have not had any problems with them. I even submarined one on my T-Maxx. Dried it out and it works just fine.

lol

Well, that got some response... :classic:

Seriously, I wasn't bashing HiTec in the least bit. But it seems every hobby shop (or forum for that matter) I've visited wants to jam Futabas or Airtronics in my face and turn their noses up to HiTecs - just a wee bit of a stigma anchor draggin' that boat to the bottom. One too many times I've heard 'you get what you pay for'. It's made me a bit gun shy on leaving the grey area. Not so much that I don't want to argue, but should I HAVE to? If it falls on deaf ears...

So I'm headed out of the closet! Hi, my name is SlingItX and I use HiTec servos.

-SlingItX

go with an aittronics I've had problems with hitec I'm using airtronics and i havnt had a problem with any of my servos

Here's another post about the HiTec servos I run with. And yes, this is another shot at the savage squirrel with some amplifying information on my earlier reply within this thread. Enjoy.

CLICK HERE

Originally posted by jon2
5645MG is so much better!!!

I use the 645 in my Savage and the 5645 in my buggy. Its kind of hard to tell the difference since they are are in two different R/C's.
Id say they are pretty much the same though.
I wonder how the 5645 would work in my Savage:rolleyes:

If you haven't checked SKY"S link the difference is about 20 ounces of torque. For those who want to use the Jumbo kongs the 5645 or even the 5945 will help you turn those things. For the time it takes my stock servos to turn my stock tires on my mgt the 5945 has already done it and back.