Hexcrews Drivers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those wera drivers are well made but you should get a driver set that has replaceable tips. All tips wear out eventually.

sweetdiesel said:
Those wera drivers are well made but you should get a driver set that has replaceable tips. All tips wear out eventually.

They make RC hex drivers with replaceable tips? Now that would be well worth the investment! Do you know who makes them?

Tom

godale03 said:
They make RC hex drivers with replaceable tips? Now that would be well worth the investment! Do you know who makes them?

Tom

Hudy, Losi, Ofna, Dynamite, RD Logics, Mugen just to name a few.

On the HexScrews set, the handles are way too small to get any torque. You will also find that after an amount of continuous use your hands will start to cramp. If price is an issue, look at the Dynamite set. I have used them for years and still keep a set to take to the track. The tips are replaceable and great quality for the price.

If you’re looking for top notch tools with a higher price there are several brands available.

Are the tips on all the dynamite hex drivers replaceable, or is it a particular set? I have a set of Dynamite hex drivers that work well, but the tips do not appear to be replacable. Thanks guys.

Tom

There are two models of the Dynamite drivers, the ones you have are these and do not have replaceable tips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynamite-5-Piec...ryZ20769QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is a red handled set that have replaceable tips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynamite-Red-An...ryZ34063QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Like Ed, I am one of many that have used these and am very happy with them. It took me about a year to replace one of the 2.5mm tips, and a replacement tip was $2.50 at the LHS.

I have a set of "precision" drivers from canadian tire, they don't have replacable tips, but they are fairly high quality and have a lifetime warranty that they are very good about, so if I have any trouble with them or when the tips wear out I just get them replaced. :banana:

have a link Jaymasta? No Canadian Tires in the US. I spent some time drooling in the handtools section a few weeks back and was trying to figure out how the hell I could sneek some on the airplane back home and just gave up. But maybe mailorder.

Back