FMS battery - LIPO Battery 2S 7.4V 380mAh without PCM

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPLGOODIE

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone -

I have a FMS FCX24. It comes with this kind of battery -

LIPO Battery 2S 7.4V 380mAh without PCM​

I was wondering what the best way to charge these batteries and to also store them. Right now I have them in a LiPo Guard fire retardant bag/container.

I'm not sure for these batteries if I can charge them on my computer via the USB connector they come with, or if I can use a power cube I got with my iPhone.

Thanks all!

Store them as you are, at storage voltage, as you would with any other lipo. Assuming your using the charger that came with it, you'd be fine to charge off of your laptop. The cube that comes with your phone is of a higher output than necessary but the charger will regulate it.

That being said, the supplied charger is of very poor quality and I'd advise you not to use it at all. It does a very poor job of balancing the cells to the point I would consider it dangerous. I'd advise using a standard lipo charger instead.

My chargers that came with my scx24s went directly to the garbage.
Poor thinking on their part in my opinion.
I use my Lipo charger.

I have a dynamite Prophet Sport mini, would I use that and charge at 1 amp?

Thanks!

A 1 C charge is normal 1 amp would be more like 2.2 C ..or a .35 or even .50 amp charge would be safer.NOT fond of doing more than a 1c charge.just dangerous in my world...

You would need a LiPo battery charger that can charge multiple cell batteries. There are cheap chargers out there by SkyRC, Protek, HiTec, etc that will do just fine. If you plan on getting, or currently own bigger RC cars, I would suggest you get the Hota D6 Pro. It has XT60 connectors on it.

You would also need adapter cables to fit your charger and battery. For the Hota, you would need an XT60 to Molex 51005-2P connector. You woild have to solder these up, or have a hobby shop solder them up for you.

So here is the parts list:
Amass 10 Pair XT60 XT-60 Male Female Bullet Connectors Power Plugs with Heat Shrink for RC Lipo Battery … https://a.co/d/0oUkz7q

OliYin 10pairs 1S 2 pin Molex 51005 51006 2.0mm Pitch Chage Cable Male and Female Lead Plug Connector for 1S Lipo Battery Charging Drone Syma https://a.co/d/izKXRUv

If you were to get a different charger that has different connectors, you would need to swap out the XT60 connector for whatever the charger uses.

Last edited:
I have mud butt that’s good for any soldier plus hint protein approved I got checked out