help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike c.

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i need help. i have a brand new traxxas buggy and i need to know do you have to brake in the moter? i know you have to on a engine but what about the moter:doh:

Read the Manual

i did!! it didn't say any thing on it!!

I always used a drill to seat the brushes before giving the motor any power. Its easy to do pull the motor and pinion gear, then hook the motor to a drill and spin the shaft ay about 200 to 300 rpm for 4 to 4.5 min. This will seat the brushs and give better power and longer life.

Hunter - ever see guys run them under water?

Originally posted by Mayhem
Read the Manual

Man why do you even post? You are the king of :spam ask yourself what that smart remark added to this post. If you have a bone to pick with mike c or anyone you know where to go to do that.

That said,

Hey mike if its not to late you do need to break in the motor correctly.
Here is the recomended break in for all electrics. Take the motor out of vehicle and put 2 comm or breakin drops on the motor and then run it with a 4 cell pack till the brushes seat about 2-4 minutes.

Now that I have said that most people do not have a 4 cell pack if they are asking this question if they should break it in or not. So what you need to do and I assume this is the stinker in your buggy. Pull the motor out of the buggy leaving it still attached to the speed control, I sure hope its a esc and not a mecahnical.

Anyway if you dont have any comm drops or breaking drops thats fine just run the motor at 1/3 throttle to half throttle for about 2 or 3 minutes and you should be ok. With the stinker motor I wouldn't be that worried about it becasue you will blow that choad pretty quickly and be ready to upgrade. Anyway congrats on the new present and let us now what type of speed control it has. X

Originally posted by x_789

Anyway if you dont have any comm drops or breaking drops thats fine just run the motor at 1/3 throttle to half throttle for about 2 or 3 minutes and you should be ok. With the stinker motor I wouldn't be that worried about it becasue you will blow that choad pretty quickly and be ready to upgrade. Anyway congrats on the new present and let us now what type of speed control it has. X
i did that, run the motor at 1/3 throttle so i guess i am fine. and sorry x its a msc

Çh®i§tiªñ - there was a long friggin thread on Traxxas for a while about running them under water...like in a bucket of water to clean them. Didn't seem to make a heck of a lot of sense to me.

We do it with our plane motors. I guess it gives it a performance gain of some sort. I will try to get a better explanation of it from the guy at the LHS.

Wild none the less.

Its not for cleaning them its for breaking them in. Racers will say on non-modifieds with closed enbells that you can dip it in a glass of water for a couple seconds and they seat all most imediatly. X

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Hunter - ever see guys run them under water?

I've heard of dipping them in water at the end to get a better seat, but not running them under water. I know after doing this you need to lub the heck out of them.

Funny he says that - we still do it today. I wonder if its just the type he was referring to.

I watch the guys do this with 4 cell paks and leave them in as long as two minutes. Seats the brushes, removes the crud and keeps it cool during the process. According to the folks I see do this, they claim an average 10% gain. Again, I will only do this to airplane electrics..... Just me.......

Read those links that X gave you because they have most of the answers to your questions.

J

Originally posted by PedeDestroyer
Read those links that X gave you because they have most of the answers to your questions.

J
:spam :ban:

X practice what you Preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Thankyou for understanding MaxxCrazy I think you are the only one who actually like me on this Message Board. X is sort of being a loser considering I am only 12..

J

X has been an A$$ for awhile now he used to be decently nice but now... yeah I'm 14 so X is being a major looser!! now I see why he was banned from traxxas

Yea tell me about it, Well Happy New Year if you live in the East! I forgive you X_789 if you want to apalogize:eyepatch:

J