Help with pipe upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattshoreson

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm going to be upgrading my pipe. (standard revo 2.5R engine)

I'm looking at a choice of two...

1) Vantage CF pipe to go with the CF chassis.
2) Tsais twin pipe.

Which do people think is best - I'm struggling to find decent threads on the pros and cons of either.

TIA,
Matt.:idea:

Hello and welcome to RCNT!

Are you looking for harder acceleration or more top speed?

Hello back at ya.

Definitely looking for more pop off the line.

which of the two I mentioned is going to do the job?

mattshoreson said:
Hello back at ya.

Definitely looking for more pop off the line.

which of the two I mentioned is going to do the job?

Definitely not the Tsias, it's a mid to high rpm pipe with low back pressure, I'm not 100% about the Vantage but I think it's also a mid range pipe.

For more punch off of the line I like the Trinity pipe/header. I have used it on the 2.5 and 3.3 Revos and have had excellent results with it. It is louder than stock with a very raspy sound, some can't stand the sound of it but it doesn't bother me plus the performance is awesome. The single chamber Resonator would be my second choice.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKAJ6&P=ML

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLTW8&P=ML

The resonator for the Revo was made to increase torque and accelaration.

I have been very, very pleased with the Trinity pipe on my Revo. I had the CVEC pipe and it worked well, but for whatever reason, my engine temps. yo-yo'd dramatically, no matter what I did. I put the Trinity on, changed the O-rings on the carb (OS .18TM) and it screams now with consistent temps. I can't say for sure that the CVEC caused the problems, but even before I changed the carb. O-rings, the mill settled down quite a bit.

On the stock motor, go with the Traxxas upgrade pipe or the Vantage. TSAIS pipe is more top end, and REAL loud.

cheers for all the advice,

thinking I'll prob go with the vantage with all the weight that's been dropping off - it should compensate. Then the mid-range should take over.

One thing I will say about the Vantage, the way it couples up with the header and positions the stinger it will make a mess of the rear of the truck if you have a wing. Ok two things, the two guys I know that ran a Vantage pipe noticed nothing with it other than the mess it created.

I use the Trinity and am very pleased with it.

I just came from my LHS and the guy there mounted one of the THS pipes on his last weekend and he had nothing but good things to say about it.

-S

I fall into the cat of not liking the sound of the trinity - just dont like it.

mattshoreson said:
I fall into the cat of not liking the sound of the trinity - just dont like it.

you and Jet have something in common lol

Back