help with acheiving the right temp.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdog

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
here is my problem on my .25 it seems that I am getting to much fuel judging by the extra nitro coming out of my exust. wich should meen that my truck would be running cooler than usual. but the temp is still over 325 dose anyone have any advise.
Thanks Tim MI

325 is freakin high, i would turn ur needle in all the way and take it out about 3 1/2 turns then start over.

Originally posted by junglboy_152000
325 is freakin high, i would turn ur needle in all the way and take it out about 3 1/2 turns then start over.

...or try another thermometer...:>)...RCR

Aside from verifying that your temp gun is reading accurately, you can try to richen it up some more (but fuel spitting from the exhaust indicates an already rich setting...)

What flavor fuel are you using?

30% monster
I am also going to try to put some holes in the windsheild to give it better air flow. that might be the problem. Thanks Tim MI

Bigdog I am assuming your truck/engine is still running fine since you did not mention anything in your original message, other than the apparent pretty high temperatures. If so, try borrowing some other guy's temp. gauge and see what it says. I agree with RC & Sky, maybe your temp. gauge is just not reading it correctly. Running at that temp. usually your engine will show some kinda of sign, i.e. shut off and hard to start. Then you know your enginge is over heating. Then invest on a good temp. gun/gauge because this is a must for nitro engines.

:yes:

Running the RC with the body on and no ventilation? That would certainly cause the engine to overheat. The cooling head needs good airflow in order to do its job. Ventilate that body and see what happens.

thanks guys! ya it was still running and I was able to finish the race it never died but it hand a diffrent sound to it. it did not sound like it usualy dose at idle but I did finish the 7.5 min main race. so mabey it is not so bad after all mabey it is the temp gun. ill check it out and let you know. Thanks Tim MI