Help me decide between these 3 trucks..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirk Diggler

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am trying to decide between the Savage 4.6, Losi LST2, and Losi LST XXL that is soon to come out. I can't decide between the 3. I mainly want to thrash and do alot of off-road type of stuff but I still want to have speed.
Cost aside, which one do you guys recommend and why?
Thanks for helping me decide.

If your going to pull it out of the box and drive (no upgrades) I would choose the losi LST2, it's big, fast, and handles great.

The Savage is a beast but I'm not a fan of the X chassis, it's not as strong as the older chassis. The 4.6 Savage with upgraded plates would be my second choice.

The Losi xxl looked great until I read that it has the same engine as the LST2. The xxl is bigger, heavier but still has the same power as the LST2.

I'd go with the LST2 same reasons as stated above.

I haven't driven a LST but I've got a Savage X with lcg tvps for bashing. The Savage takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

The savage will bash great and it will hold up great

All three are good choices. I am a die hard Savage man myself but the new Losi XXL does come with some nice features, mainly the radio. The engine is a .28, not a .26 like the LST2. Besides the Mach 427 would run with the best of them for bashing.
Me personally, I'd go for the Savage XL or the Flux.
The only reason I do not care for Losi products is they use standard and metric hardware. Where everyone else uses just metric. Most of the screws in the LST trucks are too small for Monster truck aplications.They snap and strip easily.

Why the LST2 rocks: It is the biggest of the monsters (the new XXL aside) and has the best RTR radio system--bar none. Parts are easy to replace and everyone has then.

Nothing against the Savvy. It is a good rig for bashing but it isn't near as race ready as the LST2.

As for the XXL--the LST is already the heaviest in the class, so why would you want to add more weight to the equation...

Just my 1/2 cents worth...

Personally, I wouldn't get the XXL. The chassis rails are already fragile. Since they extended them where I broke 4 of mine, I can't imagine extending them made them any stronger.

The LST has a few weak spots that you should keep in mind if your bashing. The arms are pretty fragile and IMO, the chassis rails are as well. The engine brace also breaks pretty easily. These things are all fixable. Just things to keep in mind.

If you have to choose just one, I'd go with the LST2. Fairly easy to work on, decent stock engine, good handling and in general pretty durable.

I have both a savage and aftershock and I really like both.

Back