Has a failsafe saved anyones truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbb4us

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm about to buy a failsafe and throttle return spring and was just wondering if the failsafe/throttle return spring have ever saved anyones truck.

well,, The failsafe and trs!!! here we go! I have learned the hard way, after installing both on my storm , I no longer worry about a runaway, with out having these on your RC, just Imagine how dangerous a run away can be, your truck or buggy without any control at wot going across traffic,These trucks and buggies are heavy and when out of control at WOT they are like a runaway saw and could really hurt some one,, sure, even with these two things, a runaway could still happen,, but the cheap insurance gives you the confidence you dont have without them! A runaway is a terible feeling , trust me! Use them!

i suppose its saved me many times
but usually dont knotice it kick in,

but the thing is, it donesnt run off on my anymore, so it works, ihad it run away 2 times before i got wise...

I have run my maxx in large open fields before...and all of a sudden it seems as if I have staled out. as I walk closer all of a sudden my rc starts moving. So obviously i was out of range and my fail safe kicked in. Good then I would have been running my fat ass all over the place trying catch that thing LOL

It saved me a few times. I got used to turning my E-Maxx on first,t hen the transmitter. Never had a problem.

But with my Savage, it makes a big difference. I had it run away at a hobby shop, and had to hurry up and trun my transmitter on.

Now, the brakes are on when I forget.

I've had my old RTR nitro ob4 run away cuz the receiver batteries went dead, that totalled it.

Now I run failsafes if both of my r/c's. I usually run them until the failsafe kicks in cuz of low batteries. That way i don't have to keep recharging it, so I guees, in a way, it has saved my r/c's

A couple of months or so after I had purchased my first T Maxx I started it without turning on the transmitter. Well you know what happened from there. It went wot down the hill, across the parking lot and t-boned a cyclone fence post. _(*)%$#!!!
I just stood there and watched in shock. Needless to say I own a couple of them now and haven't repeated that trick again.

tmaxx

I own a fail safe u sucks it doesn't work pretty so i dont juse it any more if my tmaxx brokes i will buy a nother one ;)

greats mustafa

Re: tmaxx

Originally posted by mustafa
I own a fail safe u sucks it doesn't work pretty so i dont juse it any more if my tmaxx brokes i will buy a nother one ;)

greats mustafa

:wtf:

Very interesting thread, so which is the recommended Failsafe, I have been looking at the Venom one, can any recommend this ?

traxxas

nothing works perfect whit fail safe

I like my Ofna, very small, fits in the reciver box and have never had a single glitch problem with it, From what I have heard, the venom and Dynamite are also good choices. Fail safes are not always compatible with some transmitters and can cause some glitching problems, choosing one could be trial and error but still better than not having one at all! Dont forget the TRS as well! good luck!

The failsafe is great, saved me a few times, at last summer's big race someone was practice running his MT on the track when someone on the same chan eventually turned on his radio and the driver's truck took off and went right into the shed's wall ending his day. Only thing with a failsafe is don't run alkaline batteries with it, it provides very inconsistant current, a rechargable will last a long time. A Venom failsafe for example will kick in at 4.5v with a 6v pack.

I just put my OFNA failsafe on my Thunder Tiger EK4. I had it sitting in the box ever since I bought the truck about a month ago, but I had been too lazy to put it in. Very bad move. :doh:

Today the radio was glitching a little, but I ignored it. Then, with the merest touch of the throttle, VROOOOOMMMM! My .70 powered EK4 was careening down the public street at full throttle, narrowly missing a moving car and gaining speed fast. All I could envision was dollar signs and lawsuits. Thankfully, it hit a fence with a glancing blow. Total damage, two broken wheels and a bumper. The EK4 can take a beating, that's for sure.

I'm just glad the truck was the only thing that got hurt. I will never run a truck again without a failsafe.

Back