hard re-starts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Da Hellion said:
I have seen fuel brands cause problems but it's not necessarily the brand .The way the fuel was handledbefore it arived at the LHS IE Loose cap,left in the sun,continsation

Very true, definite possibility. I wonder if there's a way you could check nitro content. Like a way to test it somehow.

pinching

Zaytri said:
UberNewb question.. What is pinching the sleeve, how does one do it, and what tools are needed? :hammer:
the engine sleeve and the piston are beveled slightley at the top of the stroke .When a engine starts to get wore out or has been run to hot it will lose that tapper so some guys use a pincher . It's a donut looking thing that fits around the top of the sleeve and the idea is when you tighten the nut it squeezes the sleeve back to it's tapper point how ever I think its a waste of time doing this! You can tell when you loose the tapper point by removing your glow plug and turning the fly wheel by hand . the piston should grab a little at the top. if it does not then it's getting tierd. I really don't think you should do this . Chances are you will do more harm then good It's like shaping your piston with a hammer

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself if you don't know what your doing....I have a local guy here that has brought back some seriously dead sleeves......as long as there is no pitting/scarring in the sleeve it can be done.....you just have to have the right tools....DO NOT use the sleeve resizers on e-bay....cheap crap.....check rayracing if you need it done.....