Gun Control???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohhhhk so it's in the safe just proving a point....... any guns we have are in a gun safe which my parents have the key to..... well besides bb guns......

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
-Amendment II-
A Gun is as good as it is bad, depending how a person uses it.
I was brought up around gun's, So I know how to properly care and use one. Most people that own gun's also know that. Then you get the Kid's not known how to handle a gun, so they find a parent's and go decide to play with it and kill themselves. THEN they blame the parents for not having it in a secure area, BULLSHIT!!! Kids are so sneaky, they can easily find a key or code to a safe. And plus a person should be able to hang a Rifle/Shotgun over a fire place ect...
To me, and thousands of others, Gun control is a load of crap. And to try to change it, along with other laws that are rediculous, is beyond horse crap. The 2nd Amendment clearly states that it is RIGHT to own and bear arms at any given time.
That means if I wanted a gatlin Gun I could have one in my front yard to fire off on New Years!
Well tomorrow the 3rd, I turn 18, So I am going to get my Full gun permit and hunting liscense, and my newest gun's will be a Remington 870, and a .30-06 Possibly a Remington Or Winchester.

Ya same here BB guns are the only guns in my room all of my others are safley locked away in 2 gun safes.

I got this puppy by my bed....

I have no kids and I lock it away when I'm not home
USP.JPG

msly - what is that, a Heckler & Koch 9mm?

Living in the UK this is a difficult topic for me to respond to. Here you have to have a lisence to own or handle a shotgun or handgun and then it must be kept in a metal case where only the owner knows where the key is and every year a police officer will come and inspect what you own. Other than this, the rule is you should not have one. At the end of the day they are dangerous in the wrong hands or situations. End of! Although I have to admit that we don't have the same degree of problems you have in the states with firearms getting into the wrong hands.
Please,this is just my own opinion and do not want to offend anyone.

hotgolf - while i have to admit what u say is true in the UK, the reason why it has worked, is that due to your country's incredibly small size, it was easy to control, and register the gun population. However, when most major american cities have more people in them than the entire UK, the problem grows to such a magnitute, that it is impossible to control Then it leads to the ever present comment: If you outlaw guns in the US, only the outlaws will have guns.

I think it would be great if guns didnt exist, and i commend the UK for doing such a great job, however that policy just wont work on such a large country as this. Wish it would though.

Great if guns didnt exist?!?!?! Ok, thats it, I'm smacking your ass when I get to FL!!! Or Cali!!!

lolol

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I'm smacking your ass when I get to FL!!! Or Cali!!!

issues man, issues........first woodie, now me? no way jose, I'm not gonna be your spank n tickle boy! lol

wasn't there a town in Nevada or something where there was a city ordinance that you were NOT allowed to go out in public unless you were accompanied by someone with a firearm? Maybe I'm just smoking too much herb again but I could swear this place existed. Well, the most interesting thing they found was thatthe violent crime rates went to ZERO almost immediatly.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people..............what the world really needs it people control!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Sorry, but a 14 year old shouldnt have a 357 pistol in his nightstand. Not today.

I would however endorse a shotgun. Not like they can carry that out of the house in their coat.

You're absolutely right. What does a 14 year think could possibly happen on a regular school night that would require a .357 magnum to solve?

EB

Ok where to start ??? I know :) this has been a fun thread to read thanks to all on your views on this matter. Now lets face the facts gun control works history has proven it so. I know I know your stiitng there saying what the hell are you talking about, so here it is in the early 1940's two men made it work qutie well one was Hitler. He took all guns from the German population. We all know what this led to :( The second was the emperor of Japan. When his troops rolled into any city in china the first thing they would do is to enforce the emperors new gun control laws. this did have a very bad side effect like the deaths of 80,000 now unarmed citizens in one city and countless others nation wide ( ocuppied China)... Do we need to have guns??? Well thats your call if you think you need or dont need one, as for me I need to have guns lots of guns and the ammo to keep them fed and healthy. Every week I seem to read or hear on the news about the new law thats going to save lives from gun deaths by kids or some nut who got his hands on a gun and shoot some poor person who just was in the wrong place at the wrong time. All the laws in the world wont do a bit of good unless we do two things start teaching people how to be safe with guns and start enforcing the laws we have now. If any of you out there would like a good laugh try and read your state gun laws any states gun laws. Try to read them all if you have a week to waist then pick up a paper or watch the news listen for the next new gun law that is going to be the one that saves us all from the guns that are out there and the people who have them, Ill bet there is a law on record in your state ( And I dont care what state your in ) that is doing just what the new law is going to do.

Now on to kids and guns let me start by saying Chaistin shut the hell up just because you think a 14 year old should not have a gun by his bed today does not mean he should not have it by his bed tonight. You dont live where he lives your not in his bed at night, and you sure as hell dont know what his area is like after the sun goes down. And oh you can bet ill be back to see what you have to say next :)

Should Kids have guns well thats up to the parents if the kids in question should have them. I had guns when I was very young and I mean very young. I have pics of me and my dad coming back from hunting and I dont remember when or where the pick was taken I was that young. Have I ever shot anyone in my civilian life ? the answer is NO. Have I ever wanted to ? Oh hell yes I have lots of times, but my parents tought me well on whats right and wrong. I dont have any kids yet but when i do they will to tought right. I tought my wife ( she is like a kid at times :) gun safety and how to shoot, and if you have never been to a shooting range and got to watch your 110lb wife in heels and and skirt shoot her 44mag at a taget you dont know what your missing it can be one of the best times you could ask for :)

In closing there is only one way to stop the gun deaths and its not with taking the guns from the people or making new laws its by teaching the people what is right and what is wrong in life. I will now get down off the soap box and say only this NEXT :)

First off - Its ABOUT DAMN TIME! Havent seen your ass in how long????

Now on to kids and guns let me start by saying Chaistin shut the hell up just because you think a 14 year old should not have a gun by his bed today does not mean he should not have it by his bed tonight. You dont live where he lives your not in his bed at night, and you sure as hell dont know what his area is like after the sun goes down. And oh you can bet ill be back to see what you have to say next

lol - good try. I didnt say not to have one did I? Just not a .357 (pistol). A shotgun, ABSOLUTELY! And only if you did your job as a parent and tought them well. From there, its trust.

I grew up in the ghetto (inner city east side of Buffalo). My old house that I grew up in is now a crackhouse (yeah). So yes, I know the feeling oh too well of having a gun. My shotgun was my own at age 13 (thanks dad!) and you can bet that all my children know fire-arms safety and proper handling of all firearms. My 5 year old son and I were just out shooting this week.

My aresenal is not small by any means and it is a MUST to know gun safety in my home!

Just go back and re-read ALL of my posts.......

I do not however want my son carrying a .357 out of the house at age 14. And if I'm in a part of town that is THAT bad then he is off to another family. Because the risk of him getting killed is greater than the risk I'm willing to take.

Good to see you around!

lol it was a good try :) I check in from time to time seeing if I can get your goat or skymaxx's :) ill try to get in here more. Oh and i did read all your posts as painfull as they were to read :trout:

lol you Ass!

Drop me a line - want to know how the hell you have been!??!? Family?!?!? The whole 9 yards!!!

Its people like you I actually MISS being around!!!

What R.C.'s are you into lately??? Flying still?? I still can't find that damn article on the parachute guy.... But I keep looking!

However, check out the new missile drop system by the company making FireBird XL's (hobby zone I think) it may work.

Some day youll have to make it to Buffalo and see the weapons cache.....

You mean the rc parachute thing. I got one, put it together, was making the drop system for the telemaster 40 and now it sits on the shelf. Never tried it.

Yeah, I got the jumper, not the plane.