Gs Storm Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gauner

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
anybody know what kind of upgrades can a GS Storm buggy take?

I like to get new tires, parts in general to make it look better and run better.. for my new GS Storm buggy

any ideas please

thanks

ok.. I didn’t find anything I’m looking for on that link
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/sh...=&threadid=5978

I want to know if anybody has actually found cool parts for the GS Storm. What parts can I use? Are there generic tires I can find?
I want green or blue tires. who makes them or am I only limited to buy a certain type of parts for the GS Storm. I want shiny rims, I want a different type of body, and I want to find titanium parts. please be kind and help me out.

try www.gsracing.com for a parts list. everyone says the the fioroni rear bulkhead brace it a great first upgrade. i have it and it does seem very tough.

RCatl

Good info in these threads:redbuggy:

Last edited:
If you want some top shelf parts (chassis, shock towers, braces), go to Hardcore Racing like WL said. I run the Hardcore Titanium stuff on my Storm and there's nothing better. I took a jump and landed off angle and ripped my right rear arm right out of the stock chassis. The holes in the rear on the stock chassis are known to be a little close to the edge. The Titanium HC chassis is far superior to the stocker. Strengthen your rear bulkhead with the support from fioroni. Another known weak spot on the Storm are the tabs on the rear bulkhead. The fioroni part ties it all together. Another great website for fioroni/storm stuff is:

www.southeastrc.com

Oh yeah, don't forget Ebay. Some good Storm Pro stuff there also.

50590240.jpg

HCR is good stuff. I have both shock towers(titanium) and they have survived threw my back flip quest.

The bolts bent and broke before the shock tower even flexed

Heck yea, I just got the Hardcore Racing front shock tower for my storm and it's super good quality. It's machined very precisely and it's tough as nails. Actually, it's probably a lot tougher then nails!

I really couldn't recommend any other shock towers. They take a lot of abuse (especially up front) and if you get the Hardcore Racing Titanium towers you'll probably never have to replace them unless your rig gets run over by a bus.

As a recent Storm RTR owner I would mark the following upgrades as "important":

- Longer bolts for the hinge pin screws. If you can get these, and put locknuts on the ends that will stick through to the top, you won't have problems with the screws loosening up and possibly messing up the chassis. Alternatively, get the Storm Pro or Dynamite replacements, as they are aluminum and a lot tougher. Some people prefer the plastic ones with the nut however, since they will absorb some of the shock of a crash and possibly prevent damage elsewhere.

- Shock Towers. Storm RTR shock towers are unfortunately the biggest slam against this buggy out of the box. Really, replace them asap!

- Hinge pin braces. I got my set from www.holeshoteng.com and they aren't bad. They will help prevent hinge pin bending and just keep everything nice and tight. You also get the added benefit of not wrecking the front bulkhead everytime you bump into something, since the bumper no longer screws onto it.

Most of the other hopups you can get will just help performance and drivability, although a few are really nice to have like the aforementioned fioroni rear wing brace.

I'd also recommend a screw kit from hexscrews. I have the RCScrewz kit, and although I like the silver screws versus the black ones, they do not appear to be very good! I've bent a few already, and stripped even more. Not good! I plan on getting a hexscrews set soon; most people agree that hexscrews are the best.

It's a great ride if you like hopups! Have fun.

Last edited:
Great! :bling: This is the info I was actually looking for and peoples opinions on what they used on their GS Storms.

I mess up my shock towers and I was told that I could get better ones than that or lower shock towers so they dont get so bit up.

I will check into hardcore racing. thanks all a bunch ! 8)

the best hop up brands for the GS Storm to me are hardcore titanium components, and the Fioroni parts. If you hop ur buggy up with those , you will have a bulletproof race buggy.

Back