Grom Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

payhay

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Now that these fun little trucks have been out for a little bit, what kind of upgrades are you guys putting on them?

Will they work on the new Grom Typhon?

I have the Granite. If you are going brushless i would reccomend metal Diffs, upgrade CVD's s possibly Aluminum Arms. Brushless i went with Hobby Mate 16bl30 and motor. Everyone was saying use a motor with a 2.3mm shaft the hobbymate is 2.0mm and i had no issues with the pinion gear or mesh.

I have the Granite. If you are going brushless i would reccomend metal Diffs, upgrade CVD's s possibly Aluminum Arms. Brushless i went with Hobby Mate 16bl30 and motor. Everyone was saying use a motor with a 2.3mm shaft the hobbymate is 2.0mm and i had no issues with the pinion gear or mesh.
Most definitely not aluminum arms, you never want aluminum arms. Keep it as light as possible and it won't break as often, if you use aluminum arms you'll end up snapping a chassis

Most definitely not aluminum arms, you never want aluminum arms. Keep it as light as possible and it won't break as often, if you use aluminum arms you'll end up snapping a chassis
I've alreay broken a set and this wasn't from hard driving. I break another i'm looking at aluminum

I've alreay broken a set and this wasn't from hard driving. I break another i'm looking at aluminum
Plan on breaking a lot more stuff then. Though it is 1/18 scale. It won't be as bad as putting aluminum arms on a bigger kit, but it's a monster truck. So it's likely right there on the line of being too heavy for aluminum arms. Does RPM make arms for it? If so, I'd buy them.

Last edited:
Plan on breaking a lot more stuff then. Though it is 1/18 scale. It won't be as bad as putting aluminum arms on a bigger kit, but it's a monster truck. So it's likely right there on the line of being too heavy for aluminum arms. Does RPM make arms for it? If so, I'd buy them.

Good idea, RPM.
I just checked RPM's site and they have nothing for the grom

Back